Covid Bivalent booster shot

ohpont

• 2 weeks later...

Official information about vaccinations for non-residents can be found here:

https://www.vaccine.gov.sg/locations/pvp/

To avoid disappointment, you should contact the individual clinics to confirm if they actually have stock of the bivalent vaccine. 

Suggest reading up on the latest potential risks of the bivalent vaccine, there seems to be some concerns about higher risk of stroke. 

18 hours ago, FarAngMoh said:

Suggest reading up on the latest potential risks of the bivalent vaccine, there seems to be some concerns about higher risk of stroke. 

Those reports later rescinded as a probable false alarm:

Does Pfizer’s COVID-19 booster increase stroke risk? ‘Very unlikely,’ agencies say

• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced that one of their databases warned of the possibility that the Pfizer bivalent COVID-19 booster could be linked to an increased risk of stroke in people aged 65 and older.

• The agencies investigated that warning and did not find evidence to confirm the risk.

"The CDC and FDA announced their investigation in a Jan. 13 press release. The agencies said a "preliminary safety signal" was identified for people 65 and older, but their investigation found "it is very unlikely that the signal … represents a true clinical risk." 

(more)

https://www.politifact.com/article/2023/jan/18/does-pfizers-covid-19-booster-increase-stroke-risk/

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Those reports later rescinded as a probable false alarm:

Does Pfizer’s COVID-19 booster increase stroke risk? ‘Very unlikely,’ agencies say

• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced that one of their databases warned of the possibility that the Pfizer bivalent COVID-19 booster could be linked to an increased risk of stroke in people aged 65 and older.

• The agencies investigated that warning and did not find evidence to confirm the risk.

"The CDC and FDA announced their investigation in a Jan. 13 press release. The agencies said a "preliminary safety signal" was identified for people 65 and older, but their investigation found "it is very unlikely that the signal … represents a true clinical risk." 

(more)

https://www.politifact.com/article/2023/jan/18/does-pfizers-covid-19-booster-increase-stroke-risk/

Hopefully that is right and holds true.

Our long time domestic helper who was only 47 had a stroke within a year of getting vaccinated with Pfizer. Was it a contributing factor? Of course nobody can know for sure, but nobody is checking or connecting any dots either.

The rest of my family got 3 x Pfizer and had no issues, but TBH we will only know the long-term consequences (if there are any) later in life. This is true of any new vaccine, it is just the reality. 

22 hours ago, FarAngMoh said:

Official information about vaccinations for non-residents can be found here:

https://www.vaccine.gov.sg/locations/pvp/

To avoid disappointment, you should contact the individual clinics to confirm if they actually have stock of the bivalent vaccine. 

Stop spreading misinformation unless you can link to evidence. It's against the rules.

20 minutes ago, FarAngMoh said:

TBH we will only know the long-term consequences (if there are any) later in life. This is true of any new vaccine, it is just the reality. 

To the best of my knowledge, the general pattern with vaccines historically is that any resulting side effects have tended to occur in the relatively near term after vaccination....  And that history really doesn't support the notion or fear that some totally unknown and unidentified vaccine side effect is suddenly going to surface years later.

See the following, as just one example of the medical community's knowledge on this:

"Unlike many medications, which are taken daily, vaccines are generally one-and-done. Medicines you take every day can cause side effects that reveal themselves over time, including long-term problems as levels of the drug build up in the body over months and years. 

“Vaccines are just designed to deliver a payload and then are quickly eliminated by the body,” Goepfert said. “This is particularly true of the mRNA vaccines. mRNA degrades incredibly rapidly. You wouldn’t expect any of these vaccines to have any long-term side effects.”

--Paul Goepfert, M.D., director of the Alabama Vaccine Research Clinic at the University of Alabama at Birmingham

https://www.uab.edu/news/health/item/12143-three-things-to-know-about-the-long-term-side-effects-of-covid-vaccines

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

"This is true of any new vaccine, it is just the reality.  "

Misinformation suggests incorrect information. I did not state that there was or was not any long-term side effects, only that we can never know what will happen in the future with 100% certainty until more years have past and we have the data to prove it. 

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

To the best of my knowledge, the general pattern with vaccines historically is that any resulting side effects have tended to occur in the relatively near term after vaccination....  And that history really doesn't support the notion or fear that some totally unknown and unidentified vaccine side effect is suddenly going to surface years later.

See the following, as just one example of the medical community's knowledge on this:

"Unlike many medications, which are taken daily, vaccines are generally one-and-done. Medicines you take every day can cause side effects that reveal themselves over time, including long-term problems as levels of the drug build up in the body over months and years. 

“Vaccines are just designed to deliver a payload and then are quickly eliminated by the body,” Goepfert said. “This is particularly true of the mRNA vaccines. mRNA degrades incredibly rapidly. You wouldn’t expect any of these vaccines to have any long-term side effects.”

--Paul Goepfert, M.D., director of the Alabama Vaccine Research Clinic at the University of Alabama at Birmingham

https://www.uab.edu/news/health/item/12143-three-things-to-know-about-the-long-term-side-effects-of-covid-vaccines

I don’t disagree with this. I certainly wouldn’t have taken the vaccine myself if I thought otherwise.

3 minutes ago, FarAngMoh said:

Misinformation suggests incorrect information. I did not state that there was or was not any long-term side effects, only that we can never know what will happen in the future with 100% certainty until more years have past and we have the data to prove it. 

You claimed it was a reality that every vaccine may have long term effects. Link to any evidence that may be true. You can't just speculate and say nobody can prove it. You need to provide some evidence that gives credence to that speculation. You've been challenged and now you need to put up.

Edited by ozimoron

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You claimed it was a reality that every vaccine may have long term effects. Link to any evidence that may be true.

I didn’t say it was likely, but it is not impossible.

“The concerns that something will spring up later with the COVID-19 vaccines are not impossible, but based on what we know, they aren’t likely,” adds Miles Braun, adjunct professor of medicine at the Georgetown University School of Medicine and the former director of the division of epidemiology at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/vaccines-are-highly-unlikely-to-cause-side-effects-long-after-getting-the-shot-

3 minutes ago, FarAngMoh said:

I didn’t say it was likely, but it is not impossible.

“The concerns that something will spring up later with the COVID-19 vaccines are not impossible, but based on what we know, they aren’t likely,” adds Miles Braun, adjunct professor of medicine at the Georgetown University School of Medicine and the former director of the division of epidemiology at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/vaccines-are-highly-unlikely-to-cause-side-effects-long-after-getting-the-shot-

You said it was a reality for all vaccines.  Do you have a link to support that or not? The link you just provide counters your argument.; You should ask for it to be deleted.

Edited by ozimoron

More than 13.2 BILLION COVID vaccine doses have been given thus far since the start of the pandemic.

And those doses have resulted in more than 5 BILLION people worldwide being "fully vaccinated," based on the particular vaccine/vaccines they were given.

Those are pretty good sized pools for knowing just what the current COVID vaccines are about.

Screenshot_2.jpg.3e81bda1368de914f74b55133c0f4488.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=OWID_WRL

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You said it was a reality for all vaccines.  Do you have a link to support that or not? The link you just provide counters your argument.; You should ask for it to be deleted.

The link supports my statement by saying it is not impossible for something to spring up later. It does not counter my argument, because I never claimed it was likely. 

You left out the word “new” when quoting what I said. The newness aspect is covered in the article and can be inferred in the same manner. 

If you think that my words could be misconstrued to someone as implying that is is likely, then I am more than happy to amend.

Just now, FarAngMoh said:

The link supports my statement by saying it is not impossible for something to spring up later. It does not counter my argument, because I never claimed it was likely. 

You left out the word “new” when quoting what I said. The newness aspect is covered in the article and can be inferred in the same manner. 

If you think that my words could be misconstrued to someone as implying that is is likely, then I am more than happy to amend.

It's not impossible that the sun might explode tomorrow but if I want to suggest that it could then I need to support that contention. You are spreading nonsense FUD.