Jeff Beck, legendary rock guitarist and musician, dead at 78

webfact

image.jpeg

file photo

By Dan Heching, CNN

CNN — Jeff Beck, the rock guitarist often regarded among the greatest of all time, has died, according to a statement posted to his official social media accounts. He was 78.

“On behalf of his family, it is with deep and profound sadness that we share the news of Jeff Beck’s passing,” the statement said. “After suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis, he peacefully passed away yesterday. His family ask for privacy while they process this tremendous loss.”

His representative, Melissa Dragich, confirmed the news to CNN via email.

Full story: https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/11/entertainment/jeff-beck-death/index.html

image.jpeg

-- © Copyright CNN 2023-01-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Shock. Brilliant guitarist, had a great run. RIP. Tributes pouring in. Even Biden paid tribute:

"I'm really going to miss Jeff Beckett, we were bandmates in the BirdYards back in the day, man." -Joe Biden

Edited by BigStar

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The man was a great player. He mentored many during his life.  Enjoy his solos to this day. May he RIP.  I know my father will get to hear him playing now in heaven.

Up there with a few other greats.. if only they could get a band together.