Moving Down to Live in Phuket City This Year. Neighborhood Recommendations?

Hello folks, 

We are moving down to Phuket City to work and live in a few months.

Work is central in Phuket City.

Looking for neighborhood recommendations up to about 30 mins drive away, preferably with gated community houses.

Thanks in advance.

Boat Lagoon might suit.   Direct access into central Phuket Town (no-one really calls it Phuket City), and good access to all other parts of Phuket.   Good selection of on-site facilities, shops, restaurants and banks, as well as a Villa Market western supermarket.

https://propertyboatlagoon.com/phuket-boat-lagoon-property-for-rent/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

even patong is within 30 minutes from Phuket town
there many many gated communities off of Chao fa road heading to Chalong

Indeed, though time of day dependent.   As the OP mentions working in Phuket Town, I suspect to and from home will be at 'peak' traffic times.   Size of house/family if any requirements aren't mentioned.   I mentioned Boat Lagoon as it's at the end of the Bypass so easy to get to Central etc, and also pretty much direct into the centre of Phuket Town.

Edited by pagallim
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not an expert on Kathu town, but riding through it and looking at property rental sites it seems to have a lot of suitable accomodation. Significantly closer to Phuket town as you dont have to deal with "the hill". I think that a lot of expat Patong business owners tend to live there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kathu is a great choice, nice condos and houses for rent. I used to live there for years and loved the wide roads around, easy access to Central as well as the cheap markets, food stalls and the Golf range with the nicely paved jungle road around the Bang Wad Dam was absolutely fantastic. 

• Like 2

all depends on ur lifestyle:
I live in Kamala, been here mostly since 96, Beach 1 kms from the house, shopping, bars, restaurants & markets
If i desire the food malls of central, 30 minutes away, nightlife of Patong (never) 15 minutes

I'd much rather live as close to the beach as i can and travel if i need.

On 1/15/2023 at 10:14 AM, stevenl said:

Look at staying in town, everything you want is there.

Signed. Phuket town is actually a good location.

Best part is that it is not that overpriced, (touristly overcrowded) location like let's say Patong or Rawai.

You still find your 500THB hookers here. ????

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Except the beach   ????

Neither is there in Kathu or Boat Lagoon. OP didn't mention the beach, but I'd rather ride in the weekend 1/2 to the beach than daily 1/2 ride to work.

Edited by stevenl

Thanks for the info guys,

A bit off topic, but do any of you have experience doing a chartered long distance sail from Phuket to Singapore?

Something we have been wanting to do at some point maybe a year or two after we move to Phuket.

13 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Thanks for the info guys,

A bit off topic, but do any of you have experience doing a chartered long distance sail from Phuket to Singapore?

Something we have been wanting to do at some point maybe a year or two after we move to Phuket.

Join the Phuket Yacht Club group page on Facebook.   Several members of the club charter their vessels, usually catamarans, both crewed and bare boat.