Cheapest contact lens options?

EscapetheUK

I need to top up on some Acuvue daily disposable lenses, specifically for astigmatism, any suggestions for the cheapest source? I'm guessing online like Shopee or Lazada, which i've already checked, but the prices are more expensive than in the UK when buying online. Is ordering from overseas an option, i've read that can prove difficult in relation to customs? Any experience of physical shops in Pattaya, i guess they're more expensive than online anyway? Thanks for any suggestions.....

• Like 1

I wear 1 Day Acuvue Oasys  for Astigmatism and order them from Moon Optic on Lazada. My wife orders Maxim soft 1 Day Multifocals (called Clarity in the U.K.). 

1 Day Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism฿1,445 per box of 30 lenses plus ฿38 delivery. 

Very reliable and responsive supplier. You may need to order a month in advance as they might have to get them in stock given the huge number of variations in prescriptions for astigmatism. They now keep a running supply for me so when I order they arrive in a few days. 

Be careful if you order from the U.K. and keep it to a maximum of 3 months supply. 

Back in 2020 my wife and I ordered 12 months supply each from the U.K. and had copies of our prescriptions enclosed to show they were for us.

Shipped by FedEx but held at customs in Bangkok. They insisted we go to get a letter signed by a hospital doctor before they would release them. So we had to go to the hospital in the middle of the pandemic and get our eyes tested. Crazy!

Customs eventually released our lenses and we had to collect them from our local post office and pay import tax - I think it was 40%. 

We have subsequently used a supplier in Singapore and they said they keep orders down to 3 months to avoid any customs issues. That certainly worked for us on several deliveries. 

But now our lenses are available in Thailand we always use Moon Optic. 

• Like 1

If possible order your lenses in the UK and get them sent to someone there that can re-package them and send them to you. I couldn't find any online UK lense distributors that would post to Thailand. I pick more up whenever I go back. I also couldn't find a B&L supplier here that sells multi focal.

• Like 1