Recommend Shop To Repair Charging Of SAMSUNG J7

scorecard

Having problems with my J7 phone charging.

Tried using same cable with another J7, the cable works fine. So assuming there's a problem in the phone.

Appreciate any recommendations from past experiences of shops in CM to get it checked/repaired.

In the Don Chan area but can travel anywhere.

Thanks. 

43 minutes ago, Pond Life said:

I cant recommend a repair shop.

But, have you tried cleaning out the charging port on the phone ?

I have had similar problems with a couple of Samsungs.

Turn off the phone & remove the battery.

Get a pin or needle & scratch around inside the charging port of the phone, I have found that fluff, sawdust etc gets jammed into the far end of the port by the charging cable, eventually preventing the plug inserting fully.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

• Like 1

Is it a J7 Pro? If so the battery is built in, so it's non-repairable if it's a battery issue (planned obsolescence).  If it's a J7 with a battery, it's doubtful the battery is still available. Same thing happened to me; J7 Pro.  I ended up having to buy another phone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaybott said:

Is it a J7 Pro? If so the battery is built in, so it's non-repairable if it's a battery issue (planned obsolescence).  If it's a J7 with a battery, it's doubtful the battery is still available. Same thing happened to me; J7 Pro.  I ended up having to buy another phone.

Just bought a new one for my old J7. one of those vendors at Central Surathani. so it is possible to replace. i use him regularly for our phones, screen protectors, etc. he says the battery is genuine and has a 6 mnth warranty. cost 650 baht.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Good point. I'm not familiar with phone repair/battery replacement shops in CM.

Any suggestions appreciated.

As far as I can remember when I had a J7 you could easily just buy a replacement battery whereas newer phones now have to be done by a pro.To be honest I’d recommend just buying a new phone, one of the A series Samsungs eg the A21 would knock spots off a J7

• Like 1