Are toggle switches, or even cross switches local ones available here??

jethro69

Just wondering, because on the new build the bathroom would have two doors. And usually electrics are not such a good idea inside a bathroom. 

How would they usually realize such things? I could imagine an impulse switch, if the toggle switches are not available. In a later stage, I would probably change most of the switches to WIFI-switches anyways, but for the bathroom it might be a bit over the top.

OP, maybe explain what you mean by impulse/toggle switches ? 

Are you possibly talking about a switch at either entrance to the bathroom, if so that is a function of wiring, not switches.

Its pretty common to have switches and power outlets in bathrooms, just not near the actual shower/bath

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jethro69 said:

Just wondering, because on the new build the bathroom would have two doors. And usually electrics are not such a good idea inside a bathroom. 

How would they usually realize such things? I could imagine an impulse switch, if the toggle switches are not available. In a later stage,

You have a rather unique way of phrasing the items you want ???? however virtually every kind of switch is easily available here. We have a few of the kind you are probably talking about, where there are switches outside each door that control the lights, these are 2 way switches. 
as with other posters I have no idea what an impulse switch is,

8 hours ago, jethro69 said:

I would probably change most of the switches to WIFI-switches anyways, but for the bathroom it might be a bit over the top.

That is probably correct and with switches RF is more common than Wi-Fi and ZigBee is probably better https://gratiathailand.com/gratia/ has a range

79EC74F6-8512-473F-8083-575200C74763.thumb.png.99acb9b6b337c952ed1866a98e938dba.png

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

About home automation: 

I use devices from Shelly which can be used with existing switches.

Smart Lighting - Products - Shelly

I use them with Home Assistant. But for just one or two switched Home Assistant doesn't make sense. 

With any switch which you buy I suggest you should thoroughly try it, especially the mechanical parts. 

For example, I bought these because I thought they might be useful.

Shelly Wall Switch 4 - black - Shelly Wall Switch 4 - white - All Products - Products - Shelly

But when I tried them, they just feel "bad". If you press the button exactly in the center, it is fine. But pressing it not at the center might work or might not work.

So better try what you buy.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:05 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

You have a rather unique way of phrasing the items you want ????

79EC74F6-8512-473F-8083-575200C74763.thumb.png.99acb9b6b337c952ed1866a98e938dba.png

Yep, that's coming out if you ask help from auntie Google. English is among others only a 2nd language. Being a Sparkie myself, I had never to deal with residential installations, That's why I'm short of words how to phrase them correctly.????

The two way switch as mentioned in another reply is probably more correct. Meaning switching either from NC to NO.

I didn't knowingly came across one. But then in all the buildings I lived so far, they had only a single switch/room. In the worst case hidden behind a door, or even better you have to cross the whole room in the dark because they had the bright idea to place it there.

26 minutes ago, jethro69 said:

Being a Sparkie myself, I had never to deal with residential installations, That's why I'm short of words how to phrase them correctly.????

The two way switch as mentioned in another reply is probably more correct. Meaning switching either from NC to NO.

It looks as if you haven’t been to any electrical supply shops or even any of the large stores like Global, HomePro and any of the other DIY stores. Those switches and others are available in every one.

Just because many Thai houses use a very limited range of items doesn’t mean that vastly more kinds are difficult to find.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It looks as if you haven’t been to any electrical supply shops or even any of the large stores like Global, HomePro and any of the other DIY stores. Those switches and others are available in every one.

I've been quite a lot around these stores. Just didn't pay much attention to such things, as it wasn't required so far. 

As a home owner you think differently.