Laser Teeth Whitening

Rasel

Dear Friends,

Does any one know about laser teeth whitening?.

Does it have Any side effect on teeth?.

Does it pain and what would the approximate cost?

Please give me your recommendation about the dentist where to do.

Anybody did please explain your experience.

Thanks for your time.

Regards/Rasel

Last October my sister came to thailand for holiday,she wanted her teeth whitening,she went to a laser center in Pattaya,first the dental technician wants to examine your teeth to estimate how much he can improve your teeth colour,then he tells you what he can do,he explained that farang teeth are not naturaly white and not to expect perfect white teeth,in my sisters case he said he could improve them,but really would need 2/3 sessions to make a good improvement,each session would be 10,000 baht.The next day she got an apointment and went to have the laser,first they have to clean your teeth at around 600/1000 baht.She was in there about 1 hour,she was left with a medium pain and tingling in the teeth,he explained that this would most likely be gone by the morning,and it was now 5pm.

He told her not to smoke or drink tea or coffee for 24 hours after the treatment,as this would make the work done eteriate very fast,he also said that if your going to smoke drink coffee tea in the future then your teeth would quickly go dull and fade back to the same colour again.The outcome of the session was quite immpressive and you could see a significant improvement in her teeth colour,she was very happy with it,by the morning the pain was almost gone.Now 8 months later her teeth dont look as good,but she smokes drinks coffee tea every day.apparently teeth have millions of small holes inside them and the laser forces all the discouleration out of the teeth,but then there vulnerable to take back in all the bad things,you can do a google search for clinics in Thailand and to find out more,hope this helps...

For what it's worth--some of my friends got laser treatment to whiten their teeth but I opted for bleaching trays (custom fitted upper and lower mouthpieces) into which you put a special teeth whitening gel bleach. Some people prefer to get them lasered and then buy the bleaching trays to keep them white. The big advantage of laser is that it is quick whereas bleaching trays may initially take up to two weeks for the whitening. The big advantage of the trays is that you are able to keep your teeth white by just using them once in a while when you think they are needed.

If you are not familiar how you use the trays. You just put the gel bleach into them and put the mouthpieces into your mouth for one to eight hour depending on the strengh of the tooth bleach you use. I personally just use the lower strength bleach and put them in my mouth before going to bed and take them out when I awake in the morning.

Bleaching trays work fine as the initial treatment for most people unless their teeth are really terrible to start with. Advise you check with your Dentist . In any event to keep them white over a long period, you will probably need to eventually get trays. As for the cost, bleaching trays are cheaper than laser and will last you indefinitely. I paid about $150. US for the trays from my dentist. My wife was just at Bumrungrad to see her Dentist and he quoted her a ridiculous price which worked out to be about twice as expensive as here in the US. I told her to wait and we will get them in the US. I am sure that if you check around Pattaya you will be able to find the custom fitted trays much cheaper than was quoted at Bumrungrad.

Hope that info is of some help to you. I would guess that you will find more info on this subject if you search previous posts on TV :o

Edited by jetjock

I never tried laser whitening but i used to have trays. As jetlock says, they do a good job and are great for 'topping up', so recommend.

After intitially doing the course and bleaching my teeth (which was actually quite painful to be honest, but i have sensitive teeth. A tip is to bleach for x amount of hours or overnight then the next night or x amount of hours fill the tray with sensidine(sp?) or similar toothpaste to help dull the ache), all i had to do was bleach once for a few hours or overnight every few months to maintain the whiteness. I went through a company online and was really simple to carry out their instructions on creating the custom tray (http://www.the-smile-place.com/). Good value for money too. I am not sure if they ship to Thailand however, or if there is similar here.

Actually, if anyone knows of a good place that is cost effective in Thailand (better yet Chiang Mai) or online, would love to know.

After intitially doing the course and bleaching my teeth (which was actually quite painful to be honest, but i have sensitive teeth.

Just as a side note to eek's post, I personally have never felt any type of pain or sensation using the bleach trays so I guess it totally depends on the sensitivity of one's teeth.

If you put 'teeth custom bleaching trays' into your search engine you will find numerous places that sell the same quality you get from a dentist but much cheaper. However my guess would be that most of the companies probably will not ship to Thailand.

Edited by jetjock

My dentist suggests that I do this:

cleaning

laser

bleach device trays to be done at home once a month

This is because I drink coffee like a fiend and stain my teeth. I got a laser a few years back and now all stained again. The trays will not get your teeth as white as the laser. With combo method, you fight against the staining from a beginning of very white. Expensive, but I think justified if you do staining things alot: coffee, tea, smoking, red wine.

Edited by Jingthing

Dear All ,

Thanks for your kind information.

Friends of mine reffer an dentist last month in Bangkok I went there and asked me 15,000 bath but

I found in other places 8,000 bath , such price difference really surprised me.

Otherhand I also informed that after this laser treatment some of them had really problem what the 1st poster

had said about her sister.

My main concern is quality of treatment not price ,even it cost more I want

that there no side effect afterwards and quality treatment.

Hope to discuss more and discover the right direction.

Regards/Rasel

When I was in the dentist last week I inquired about laser whitening as I know my clinic provides it.

The dentist told me I was not a candidate for laser whitening as I have what are referred to as "french inlays", a thin cap over my front teeth that would not respond to whitening. If you have any bridge work, implants or artificial teeth in your mouth, crowns or the like, whitening would not work for you. In fact, if you have only one crown in the front or an inlay or a bridge, the adjoining natural teeth would whiten but the artificial surfaces wouldn't and you can imagine the contrast and overall blotchy look you would have.

• 2 years later...

I had the procedure at Smile dentist in BKK, it only took 1 sitting and cost 1000 baht, the results were amazing. Took 20 years of ciggy and coffee stains off. The down side is your teeth are very sensitive for about a few weeks and it leaves your teeth more porus, unless you refrain from anything that can stain your teeth they will look just as yellow a few years later. What they use is an acidic gel that is augmented by the lazer. Smoker annonymus claim wiping your teeth with diluted lemon juice will do the same. But I have never tried that.

Edited by waza