Dog abortion in Pattaya?

Guderian

Does anyone know of a vet doing this, or selling the medicine?

The dim-witted GF already has 8 dogs that she struggles to feed, and now my favourite bitch is bloating up like a balloon, obviously pregnant. I took her to two vets this morning, the Na Jomtien Pet Hospital and Muang Ake but they're doing the Buddhist mumbo jumbo and refusing to help. Jeez, as if Thailand doesn't already have far too many dogs.

19 minutes ago, johnbarpic said:

Just get all  dogs castrated and neutered next problem solved you’d request is not available in many countries 

I've been on to the GF for months to get the bitches spayed, not just to prevent pregnancy but also to avoid the chance of pyometra in the future. I offered to pay for it, but she hasn't bothered and this is the result. Maybe Buddha forbids spaying dogs, I have no idea.

• Haha 1

Thais and Dogs that is a breed apart ????

Neighbour got a female dog after a car killed his old dog (lovely dog).

I told my neighbour that I would pay to have it spayed, but he says he will give it (by injection I guess) birth control. Of course he forgot and yep pregnant a couple of months later.

A couple months after the pregnancy I again said it "bring the dog to the vet on Saturday (I already made an appointment) to have it spayed". Of course he forgot and when I said to my wife to call them she said the normal Thai Phrase that is used on these occasions

"Up To Them"

So I don't bother any more ????

30 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I've been on to the GF for months to get the bitches spayed, not just to prevent pregnancy but also to avoid the chance of pyometra in the future. I offered to pay for it, but she hasn't bothered and this is the result. Maybe Buddha forbids spaying dogs, I have no idea.

We give our dogs and cats the injection,one bottle that does two dogs /cats costs me 50 baht.

And it works ,must not give to them when they are on heat ,they can not give birth cervix and ,birth canal does not open to allow birth only way is a C-section.

At something like 800-1000 baht,where we are,to spay bitch, easy to see why they do not get done.

12 hours ago, orchis said:

recently a female dog walker in London got mauled to death by the 8 dogs she walked. GF better not get any more dogs.

You think she *this Thai GF)  might walk them on leads regularly..... I expect not!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Guderian said:

We had our matching pair (dog and bitch) neutered and spayed when they were both about a year old. Plenty vets will do that but TBH, I've never heard of a morning after pill for Fido anywhere.

Sounds like your GF wants you to both pay for it and do it for her too? Not a good omen.