Better Hurry... Sale At Foodland

Weho

Snicker's bars... 21 baht for one, get one free. For health reasons, I don't recommend eating them, but if you live in Pattaya, chances are you're gonna eat them anyway.

Usually, a Thai sale would be a reduction of 1 baut, so this is sort of a good deal, if you're into highly processed hydrogenated fats, excessive sugars, a quick "rush", and then the urge to sleep for a few hours.

They have a big display of them next to the overpriced Haagen Daz refrigerizer.

Foodland does have the friendliest staff in town, and most speak decent Engrish.

you don't have shares in Foodland, don't you? :o

I wish I had stock shares in their vegetable and imported meat departments... they are making a fortune, mostly due to lack of competition in the area. Hopefully, when that Villa market opens in a few months, service/selection everywhere will get better. I do like Foodland, it's highly staffed... seems like there is always someone around to help... especially in the stressful checkout line, where, upon seeing the total, you're always left wonder, "what the heck did I buy that was THAT expensive... surely, there MUST be a mistake..." But there never is.

Oh, and if you ever buy some of their seafood or imported raspberries/cherries, it's quicker just to declare bankruptcy.

I do have one minor complaint: Foodland seems to be the only place in town that DOESN'T sell those frozen pre-cooked shrimp rings, that include the cocktail sauce, i think around 95 baht... a pretty good deal. I know over in Amerigay, they are like $10 for the same thing. I guess paying unskilled union truck drivers and cashiers that barely speak Engrish $25 an hour forces them to charge so much.

you don't have shares in Foodland, don't you? :o

I wish I had stock shares in their vegetable and imported meat departments... they are making a fortune, mostly due to lack of competition in the area. Hopefully, when that Villa market opens in a few months, service/selection everywhere will get better. I do like Foodland, it's highly staffed... seems like there is always someone around to help... especially in the stressful checkout line, where, upon seeing the total, you're always left wonder, "what the heck did I buy that was THAT expensive... surely, there MUST be a mistake..." But there never is.

Oh, and if you ever buy some of their seafood or imported raspberries/cherries, it's quicker just to declare bankruptcy.

I do have one minor complaint: Foodland seems to be the only place in town that DOESN'T sell those frozen pre-cooked shrimp rings, that include the cocktail sauce, i think around 95 baht... a pretty good deal. I know over in Amerigay, they are like $10 for the same thing. I guess paying unskilled union truck drivers and cashiers that barely speak Engrish $25 an hour forces them to charge so much.

Read the package when you're back there (Amerika) you see that they are proudly labeled a product of Thailand.

Why do all the good sales happen while I'm away ? :o

First it was the Bookazine sale. Now it's Foodland. What next ?

I'm still hoping for the big 75% off everything sale at Polo ! When that happens, I may even hire MTW's mafia friends to keep other farangs out until I'm finished shopping ! :D

In my late teens I had a market stall selling handicrafts. Sales were slow over a period of about two months & I was hardly breaking even.

A friend suggested that I should have a sale. I thought righty ho - lets give it a go. Signs up everywhere, 20% off, 40% off, 60% off - end of line sale, that type of thing. Marked my prices up by the discount advertised, offered the discount & my sales tripled overnight - same margins.

Go figure!

Soundman.