Insulin injections for diabetics

1FinickyOne

A couple of years ago I was drinking lots of (mostly) water and I decided to see a doctor.

They made a blood sugar test, and my blood sugar was extreme high.

The first thing they did is that they gave me an insulin injection and I should rest a little.

Then I saw the doctor and he gave me the official diagnosis Diabetes Type 2 and he gave me some oral medication. I take this medicine now every day.

Sometimes I forget it and it's not a big deal. Maybe I am tired.

Once I asked the doctor if at some stage I have to inject insulin. He told me we are a long way from that situation. He told me first I could get up to 5 times the amount of oral medicine without injections.

That is obviously just my individual story, but it might give you an idea.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A couple of years ago I was drinking lots of (mostly) water and I decided to see a doctor.

They made a blood sugar test, and my blood sugar was extreme high.

The first thing they did is that they gave me an insulin injection and I should rest a little.

Then I saw the doctor and he gave me the official diagnosis Diabetes Type 2 and he gave me some oral medication. I take this medicine now every day.

Sometimes I forget it and it's not a big deal. Maybe I am tired.

Once I asked the doctor if at some stage I have to inject insulin. He told me we are a long way from that situation. He told me first I could get up to 5 times the amount of oral medicine without injections.

That is obviously just my individual story, but it might give you an idea.

I read that tiredness, especially after eating food (aka food coma), is a symptom of diabetes.

I got told I was insulin resistant a couple of years ago. I have progressively altered my diet and lifestyle quite a lot since then and continue to do so as I learn more about the topic.

I just finished a 22 hour fast, intermittent fasting is a routine for me just the last month or so. Previously just occasionally. I also gave up drinking 2 litres of milk a day and only eat white rice in small quantities now. My diet consists primarily of salad with sardines, olive oil and apple cider vinegar added in. I do fall off the rails occasionally but I'm getting progressively stricter. In the past few weeks I've taken up gym training for the first time in my life. I've always walked a lot and always walk everywhere I go in Pattaya. I don't know if true or not but I have read some negative things about metformin lately but don't pay much attention as I've never had to take any meds for diabetes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Long way in terms of meds, but we're not hearing the timeframe here. Better just to get down to zero, that way 5 x 0 = 0. Insulin resistance has a lot of negative effects I needn't list here.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1