If stay in Thailand 90 days in the past 6 months - Tourist visa application is not accepted?

I arrive at Bangkok main airport in September 2022 on a visa exempt (30 days ) Australian passport, I asked a immigration officer (2 bars on her shoulder ) and she said there is no limit in 12 month period you can get a visa exempt on arrival 

2 hours ago, darrenr said:

I arrive at Bangkok main airport in September 2022 on a visa exempt (30 days ) Australian passport, I asked a immigration officer (2 bars on her shoulder ) and she said there is no limit in 12 month period you can get a visa exempt on arrival 

The visa entrance exemption or visa TRS  ( embassy) are limited par the rule immigration during 1 year longtime ago I was concerned because I was working in rotation offshore and came tout many time with visa exemption because I am maried with Thai lady in Thailand and I was stopped by officer 
Sir yu have to much entrance you must to change your visa touriste to longtay visa the raison is simple some foreigner work in Thailand with Tourist visa ...

Those who arrive at the airport without prior visa up to 6 times per calendar year.

Edited by DULEROY

On 1/28/2023 at 7:33 PM, spambot said:

Good info  BritTim - Its just a pity that Immigration can not just make a single set of rules that could be possibly even harder to qualify for - But a least everyone knows what the rules are. 

I suspect that that even outside of the amount of tourist visa's each immigration algorithm has also  been adapted to include some kind of calculation for the amount of Visa exempts especially now this has increased to 45 days.

The reason that McDonald's gets repeat customers is they provide predictability, the one thing you never get from Thailand immigration is predictability. 

Nothing to do with immigration who are under the remit of the Thai immigration police. The consulates and embassys are under the remit of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 11:33 PM, spambot said:

Good info  BritTim - Its just a pity that Immigration can not just make a single set of rules that could be possibly even harder to qualify for - But a least everyone knows what the rules are. 

I suspect that that even outside of the amount of tourist visa's each immigration algorithm has also  been adapted to include some kind of calculation for the amount of Visa exempts especially now this has increased to 45 days.

The reason that McDonald's gets repeat customers is they provide predictability, the one thing you never get from Thailand immigration is predictability. 

Hmmm….. i would suspect that Thai immigration dont want repeat customers. Call me cynical

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm….. i would suspect that Thai immigration dont want repeat customers. Call me cynical

Some in Thai immigration don't want repeat customers (or long-stay tourists), others want to charge them extra for the privilege, and yet again others couldn't care less.

It's a mixed bag, which explains that reports are all over the place as there's no consistency whatsoever.

• Like 1