CW or Lak Si office for 60-day 'wife visit' extension?

I entered on a visa exempt, - (UK national) - then did a 30-day extension at Jomtien (because I was renting a condo for a month in Pattaya at the time.)

Now back in Bangkok district.

I think I read that extensions to a visa exempt entry are done at the Lak Si office and not at CW.

But now that I've done that extension at Jomtien, a little confused as to where the 60-day 'wife / family visit' extension is applied for.

(I think it's still CW... but don't want the hassle of going to the wrong office.)

Advice appreciated... thanks!

1 hour ago, raysunshineray said:

I think I read that extensions to a visa exempt entry are done at the Lak Si office and not at CW.

That is certainly the case for 30 day extension to visa exempt entry.

Thinking that will also apply to 60 day extension to visit wife. 

Someone will correct if this is not the case 

You will need a TM30 to apply in Bangkok having previously been dealing with Jomtien. 

I got a 60 day extension to my 30 day visa exempt entry last Sept for the purpose of visiting Thai wife.

I had initially gone to CW where I filed a fresh TM30, and then sought to apply for the 60 day extension for visiting Thai wife.

The CW staff were adamant that I must go to IT Square at Laksi for such an extension.

Anyway, rathen than argue we then took the quick cab ride to IT Square and got the 60 day extension done there in about 30 minutes.

(I noted that most of the other applicants there seemed to be applying for 30 day extensions for tourism though.)

• Thumbs Up 1