Swedish Man Dies In Crash Just 5 Days After Meeting Thai Girlfriend

webfact

image.jpeg

The spot where the Swedish man died this afternoon. Photo: TV Channel 7by TNR Staff

A ROMANCE between a Swedish man and a Thai woman that bloomed on social media for two years and culminated in their getting together in Thailand just five days ago ended in tragedy when he died in a motorcycle accident Jan. 28, TV Channel 7 said.

At 2.30 p.m. Pol. Lt. Tharathip Wijarn, deputy inspector at Suvarnabhumi police station in Roi Et province, together Suvarnabhumi Hospital duty doctor and rescuers rushed to the spot on Suvarnabhumi-Ban Dong Mai road where the Swedish man, only identified at Mr. Steefan, 50, had died.

It appears that the Swede had lost control of the motorcycle at a curve then fell into a roadside ditch and hit a concrete pipe leading to his neck breaking and dying on the spot.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/01/28/swedish-man-dies-in-crash-just-5-days-after-meeting-thai-girlfriend/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-01-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Swede dies in motorbike crash after 5 days in Thailand seeking to marry his 27-year-old fiancé
by Carla Boonkong & Pranee O' Connor

image.jpeg

The tragic scene on Saturday afternoon on the Suvarnabhumi to Ban Dong Mai Road in the Suvarnabhumi district of Roiet. The 27-year-old fiancé of 50-year-old Swedish man Steffan Mattias, Ms Wiranuch Buthinkong is consoled by relatives lying beside his body just minutes after he was killed in a freak motorbike crash.

Police at Suvarnabhumi Police Station in Roiet are investigating the death of the Swedish man but this is just a matter of routine. It appears that the 50-year-old, who came to Thailand in search of love with a Thai woman, discovered also the deadly danger presented by the country’s infamous roads.

A two-year love story that blossomed between a Swedish man and his Thai girlfriend ended in tragedy on Saturday afternoon with the Swede killed when he lost control of a borrowed motorbike just days after arriving in Thailand and settling on marrying his 27-year-old fiancé from Roiet with the blessing of her family.

A 50-year-old Swedish man died in a freak motorcycle accident in Thailand on Saturday just minutes after leaving the home of his new Thai fiancé in the northeastern province of Roiet.

The Swedish man has been identified as 50-year-old Steffan Mattias. He has just travelled to Thailand this week to meet his Thai girlfriend, 27-year-old Wiranuch Buthinkong from the Suvarnabhumi District of the province for the first time.

Full story:  https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2023/01/29/swedish-man-dies-in-sad-motorbike-crash-in-roiet-steffan-mattias/

Tex.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Examiner 2023-01-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Swedish Man Travels to Visit His Thai Online Lover Only to Meet His Demise Five Days After
By Tanakorn Panyadee

1354557-1024x582-1-696x396.jpg

PHOTO: Matichon

Roi Et province — A Swedish man got into a fatal road accident in Thailand only five days after having united with his Thai lover he met online two years ago.

The Swedish man, only identified as 50-year-old Mr. Stefan, reportedly overshot a curve, crashed into a roadside ditch, and hit his head on a concrete pipe while riding his motorbike on Saturday, January 28th.

The victim was found by a resident of Roi Et’s Suvarnabhumi district on Suvarnabhumi-Ban Dong Mai Road at 2:30 PM.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/29/swedish-man-travels-to-visit-his-thai-online-lover-only-to-meet-his-demise-five-days-after/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-01-30

The girlfriend stated that her boyfriend had just promised her he would take her to his country to live together. She added that her boyfriend told her he would go on a ride to take some photos of the neighborhood and that she already warned him to be careful.

Fell on deaf ears...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loong said:

I find it somewhat interesting that they decide to perform an autopsy in this case.

Yet following the unexplained death of the diver (in KhoTao?) last week didn't warrant an autopsy!

All deaths of foreigners in Thailand that do not die in a hospital, are required by the law to have an autopsy performed. The RTP will inform Foreign Affairs who in turn contact the authorities in the deceased persons home country

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

RIP

Tragic ending, fall in love, meet up with your love, make plans with your love and it's over before you even got started with your love.

Appreciate every minute you breath while on this earth.

Very well said.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

All deaths of foreigners in Thailand that do not die in a hospital, are required by the law to have an autopsy performed.

My friend died in Hospital from a long incurable illness MND and was still sent to BKK for autopsy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

RIP

Tragic ending, fall in love, meet up with your love, make plans with your love and it's over before you even got started with your love.

Appreciate every minute you breath while on this earth.

Yes, or just be careful when driving. Sometimes, it´s very simple. 

41 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, or just be careful when driving. Sometimes, it´s very simple. 

Extra extra careful especially when they drive/ride on the opposite side of the road in Sweden e.g. right side vs left side here in Thailand.

My brother-in-law is a Swede, he recently moved here and got his Thai drivers license, no driving test, some money over the counter and he now drives on the opposite side of the road that his former country, couple that with the Thai drivers who are unlicensed, unregistered, etc, it just adds to the chaos on Thai roads IMO.

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I got to disagree with you on that.

I married a Thai, 18 months later had a heart attack during you know what, 15 years later still enjoying what almost killed me back then, suffice to say I am only just warming up :cheesy:

You can say that you were having sex .

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Doesn't sound like a 'Freak' accident, going to fast round a bend and losing control. My guess no M/C license or experience. 

I tried riding a Honda Zoomer-X scooter last fall.  I hadn't ridden in years and used to ride regular motorcycles both on and off-road.  That scooter with smaller wheels was just too twitchy for me.

• Thanks 1