Respraying a Toyota Vios - help please?

cliveshep

Looking for advice on likely prices - and recommendations for where to go here. We got a 2007 Vios, colour black, that unfortunately has to live outside. The sun has baked it's paint to the boot, bonnet and roof (yes, I'm English, not trunk, hood and roof!) flat and in places starting to lift. We live just North East of Minburi between that and Lamlukka. We would like to paint the car in a dark grey pearlescent but if too expensaive just a dark grey metallic. My wife says it would cost 15000 to respray it black, but 45,000 - 50,000 in any other colour.

This she says is because they would need to blank the door openings in masking sheets and also mask the insides of the doors in order to paint the frames and door edges. I say this extra masking cannot possibly cost 30,000 to 35,000 - that's insane but those married to a Thai know the futility of arguing. I say the outside has to be masked and primed in the 15,000 already so are they insisting they only respray for 15000 in the same colour because thay don't repair blistering, and sand the flat areas and prime - just do a cowboy job of "blowing it in"? I got spray equipment and a compressor - I could do that for the price of some paint and thinners but for 15,000 I would expect some sort of professional job exceeding my feeble efforts.

So please - can anyone advise likely costs in my area, and recommend a body shop place who can respray it fairly cheaply. There have to be places because we see many former taxis which as we all know come in a variety of colours offered for sale all beautifully resprayed in white or other colours. I don't mind spending 20,000 on a paint job, the little car is not high mileage and is in good mechanical order having cost a fortune in remdial work when she chose it so worth doing in my mind.  Thanks guys!