Passbook and New Passport

I have read that some have had a problem when they get a new passport number and have to match the passbook.  Some say they even have to get a letter from an embassy in order for the bank to accept the new passport.

Has anyone run into this issue?  My BB passbook does not have the passport number on it.

My passbook is outdated and needs to be replaced to work in the passbook update machines and that will be fixed later.  I'm in Pattaya but my BB branch is in CM.

Advice please.

BTW: I use the internet laptop version and I can never find the Banking Forum.  I have to use general chat and wait for my post to get moved to Banking  

When I got a new passport 3 years ago, I called KasikornBank, they gave me an email address and I sent them a copy of the new passport so they could update their system and my accounts. In my experience, Kbank call centre is better to deal with than individual branches. Other banks may be different.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The letter is generally provided with the NEW passport. Immigration require the letter to transfer any visa/extensions.

The bank needs to be updated or when you are asked for your passport as ID it wont be accepted. You will need to go along to your bank and update by taking OLD and NEW together.

MOVED to Banking forum

My passport was issued in Manila with no letter.  I will be getting a new visa so immigration will not be an issue.