RTP Chief apologizes to Taiwanese actress: "Good cops will be rewarded - bad ones punished"

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

"Rest assured the good ones will be rewarded and the bad ones will be punished".

why should they be rewarded, isn't it their job to be good cop.... anyway, after 14 years, I am still looking forward to meet one of the "good" ones

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Apology for something which never happened? Ming boggling. 

Put the involved "bad boys" in front of cameras, let them apologize, return the "heist", throw them into the slammer and dishonorably discharge all of them. It might (i.e.   M I G H T ) leave a message to those other thousands of crooks in uniforms ............ 

Did Ferrari Joe and cohorts eposoide change anything - to few who now cover their tracks more carefully - but to the majority, NO. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Rest assured the good ones will be rewarded and the bad ones will be punished".

LOL.

That’s right up there with “your check’s in the mail” and “I promise I won’t ___ in your mouth.” ????

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 2:15 PM, Artisi said:

Did Ferrari Joe and cohorts eposoide change anything - to few who now cover their tracks more carefully - but to the majority, NO. 

Regretfully you are absolutely right yet an unknown number of RTPs might have had second thoughts since. The more comes to light, the more might have second thoughts. 

You will always have those risking everything; see the stringent laws on illegal drugs in Singapore with the mandatory death sentence. They hang yearly some the catch; how many try it nevertheless and sneak through. The grey dark figures are one thing, carrying on exposing those you catch is another and certainly a necessary element in getting this endless corruption highlighted. 

Look at Indonesia and their top corrupt customs system. They all got booted out and SGS took over a paid mandate to set-up a (fairly) clean customs system. The government made much more in official import duties and in Thailand the government would earn officially much more in fines while  some of those law-benders and cheaters would get to reason ...... 

• Like 2