Tips for extending tourist visa in Patong?

DrHoneydew

First time here. Need to extend soon. I know the process from doing it many time in other cities. Any tips for Patong? Where. to get photocopies, pictures, where is the office, tips for the local office (ie: Jomtien is VERY busy, so pointless to go unless there before it opens) etc.

2 hours ago, skatewash said:

You can have everything (copies/pictures) taken at the Immigration office.

I was told last time to "go to shop near Hospital" to get photocopies. 

I first went to the Patong office a few years ago and was in and out within 5 minutes. Brilliant!

Last time, back in November, I thought I was prepared (form filled in, photo, etc) but didn't have photocopies of the passport photo page / page with stamp in it. The office was almost empty. I came back a couple of days later and it was packed. So I came back the week after for a third time and got it sorted. But I had to come back an hour later to pick up my passport. So not a great experience.

Tip: don't go on a Monday or Friday as very likely to be busy.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Timbob said:

I was told last time to "go to shop near Hospital" to get photocopies. 

I first went to the Patong office a few years ago and was in and out within 5 minutes. Brilliant!

Last time, back in November, I thought I was prepared (form filled in, photo, etc) but didn't have photocopies of the passport photo page / page with stamp in it. The office was almost empty. I came back a couple of days later and it was packed. So I came back the week after for a third time and got it sorted. But I had to come back an hour later to pick up my passport. So not a great experience.

Tip: don't go on a Monday or Friday as very likely to be busy.

Here are the requirements for an extension for tourism purposes:

http://piv-phuket.com/short-stay-extenions/visa-exemption/

They really should be able to do copies/photos there, but if not, look for a shop with Kodak/Fuji sign.  They should be able to do both copies and photos.

Agree with avoid Monday and Friday, also any days immediately before or after a holiday during which immigration is closed.

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, skatewash said:

They really should be able to do copies/photos there, but if not, look for a shop with Kodak/Fuji sign.  They should be able to do both copies and photos.

Yep, you'd think so.

I went to the place with the Kodak sign on Sainamyen Road. 

Thanks all.

I've been staying in a hotel for a month. Not sure if they would have reported my stay or not. (small hotel run by someone who just turned 20).. how should I proceed at immigration when they ask for residence paperwork? The month I paid for at the hotel ends tomorrow. I want to go to another town on Phuket after immigration and find a new place.

What are they going to expect from me paperwork wise aside from passport/copies/photos?

32 minutes ago, DrHoneydew said:

Thanks all.

I've been staying in a hotel for a month. Not sure if they would have reported my stay or not. (small hotel run by someone who just turned 20).. how should I proceed at immigration when they ask for residence paperwork? The month I paid for at the hotel ends tomorrow. I want to go to another town on Phuket after immigration and find a new place.

What are they going to expect from me paperwork wise aside from passport/copies/photos?

Ask hotel for screen shot of report they made to immigration via online system showing you stayed overnight in their room.

See this for requirements: