New Pattaya Police Chief Vows to Take The Best Care of Tourists and Residents

snoop1130

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm sure the local tourists are waiting with great apprehension.... Take care of, indeed! In other news today....

"Thai Rath reported late yesterday that the chief of the Chonburi provincial police had ordered that a senior traffic policeman at the Muang Pattaya police station be transferred to inactive duties at HQ after allegations that he extorted 30,000 baht from a Chinese tourist or tourists."

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1285137-pattaya-senior-traffic-cop-transferred-after-allegedly-extorting-30000-baht-from-tourists/

Elsewhere in the world, extort someone and you'll be facing criminal charges. Here, the local authorities extort someone, and they get transferred to a different job.

Right, i remember reading that Pol Gen Damrungsak said if any of the police were found guilty they would be prosecuted to the full extent?

But at the moment the only allegedly extorted the money?

"The chief promised fairness to all sides and legal and disciplinary action if guilt is proven."

I though some of the police already confessed?

15 hours ago, Jerno said:

Are all the taxi meters going to be in use?

Well said.  Just back from a week as a tourist on Samui where my family were exploited every single day by the taxi mafia; even the taximeters had no meters.  We will not return.  To my knowledge, ONE taxi driver in Pattaya has been fined in the last dozen YEARS!

• Haha 1

Q.1 How much did this posting cost?

Q.2 How long does it take to amortise the investment, with

a.) the salary

b.) the "perks"

Q.3 How "unusually wealthy" was the last incumbent?

Q.4 Sorry, use your imagination, there are some questions one dare not ask......

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Well said.  Just back from a week as a tourist on Samui where my family were exploited every single day by the taxi mafia; even the taximeters had no meters.  We will not return.  To my knowledge, ONE taxi driver in Pattaya has been fined in the last dozen YEARS!

Did you enjoy your holiday and are you glad to be back in Pattaya ?

Talk is so cheap. Real men act, perform and demonstrate, rather than blabber. There is alot of work to be done in your city. Show us something. Then, and only then will you be taken seriously, Thanapong. Until then you will be regarded as just another showboating police chief of Pattaya, and paid very little regard. 

Apart from caring for visitors, Thanapong said that he would also take care of and keep all 400 police officers at the station in line, adding all officers were enthusiastic to go above and beyond expectations for the betterment of the city.

So, why are many of us skeptical, about the above and beyond expectations promise? 

Edited by spidermike007

20 hours ago, mikebell said:

Although my recollection is that Pattaya is far better when it comes to getting about for reasonable prices... and that was pre Bolt cabs. That includes Phuket too, never mind Samui. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Although my recollection is that Pattaya is far better when it comes to getting about for reasonable prices... and that was pre Bolt cabs. That includes Phuket too, never mind Samui. 

Bolt is not allowed on Samui; don't know about Phuket.

20 hours ago, kinyara said:

Did you enjoy your holiday and are you glad to be back in Pattaya ?

Enjoyed being with my family but seethed at how they were regarded as prey by the locals.  As the song goes, 'It's nice to go travelling, but it's oh so nice to come home.'

Thanks for asking.

Edited by mikebell
extra thoughts.