Psychomotor seizures in dogs

Hello,

Have done lots of research on this topic and seen a variety of recommendations as to treatments/medication -- plus, the latest

on MCT oil and the new studies that demonstrate a positive impact on lessening seizures.

I am in consultation with my local vet, whom I really like, but who has limited experience with this issue, so I thought I'd ask

if anyone has had any of your dogs with various seizure problems and what treatments you may have tried and what, if any, success you found.

Just adding that Purina created the following dog food--it is hard to get and quite expensive--but one can by a good quality MCT oil and add it yourself to your dog's food--a great many have reported improvement in their dogs' seizures.

TREATMENT CHOICES: DIET

In 2017, Purina released a veterinary diet designed to supplement anti-seizure medications. The diet employs medium-chain fatty acids as a fat source (fats come in short, medium, and long-chain types which relate to the length of their chain of their carbon chain) and it turns out that MCT's have a direct anti-seizure effect. Dogs that were not able to achieve full seizure control with medication were able to improve control or achieve total control after a 3 month trial on this diet. It is not meant to replace medications by any means, just give them a nutritional boost.

Purina%20Neurocare%20bag%20MVAMC.gif