PM2.5 Dust Level in Pattaya Exceeds Safe Levels, Mask Wearing Recommended

snoop1130

IMG20230202195409-696x524.jpg

The PM2.5 dust level in Pattaya has been above the safe limit of 50 micrograms per cubic meter in several areas for almost a week, Pattaya Deputy Mayor Manoch Nongyai stated.

The harmful PM2.5 level had soared to over 161 micrograms over the last week, putting a blanket of smog over the city and discouraging residents and tourists from conducting activities in the open.

As of Friday, February 3rd, however, the dust level has dropped lower than 100 in most parts but still exceeds the limit and must be closely observed, Manoch stated. Afternoon rains have also helped reduce the level of air pollution.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/02/03/pm2-5-dust-level-in-pattaya-exceeds-safe-levels-mask-wearing-recommended/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-02-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Mask wearing recommendation? That's not going to go down well with the anti-masking population.

Darn Gestapo bringing the mask topics up again!

Wearing one the past two days in HH. Outside the house PM 2.5 185......inside with the air purifiers running its 15...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

In Bangkok it's also terrible outside, but air filters keep it below 10 inside for now...

Some people outside (and then all the animals) don't have the means to protect themselves, and often no ability to get medical care to treat consequences of it. Anybody cares about them?

Went to a doctors appointment this morning here in HH. There were three families who had brought their young children in as they were having breathing difficulties. Sad to see this down here, and it is one reason we took a break from our condo in BKK.  Hoping it rains tonight as it's cloudy but I doubt it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The PM2.5 dust level in Pattaya has been above the safe limit of 50 micrograms per cubic meter in several areas for almost a week, Pattaya Deputy Mayor Manoch Nongyai stated.

The world famous renowned family resort area plagued by pollution... think of the image.

11 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Mask wearing recommendation? That's not going to go down well with the anti-masking population.

I was thinking the same, the mask cry-babies will be apoplectic!

You can feel the <deleted> in the air though.......

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I think you are comparing apples and oranges and actually what actually makes sense.

Wearing an N 95 mask outside for pm 2.5 makes a lot of sense, wearing a surgical mask in an outside environment due to covid makes little. Inside it would be the other way around I'd guess.

Bit of a silly statement by the Deputy Mayor to make though not specifying which masks help, clearly homemade masks and surgical make no impact to pm 2.5 at all.

Good that its being highlighted though, reading the Greenpeace report it seems air pollution is responsible for more deaths that covid.

https://www.greenpeace.org/southeastasia/press/45425/air-pollution-responsible-for-29000-deaths-across-31-thai-provinces-in-2021-greenpeace/

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Yet fires are burning plastic daily; convoys of speaker vans are holding up traffic; car exhausts are ignored by the two cops on duty.  New slogan for TAT - Get Your Lung Cancer Here.

Can't even walk back to my truck without a facemask.... as in the car park there were many people in their vehicles, playing on their phones, with engines running.... I suspected shop workers on break, or husbands waiting on shopping wives. 

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Can't even walk back to my truck without a facemask.... as in the car park there were many people in their vehicles, playing on their phones, with engines running.... I suspected shop workers on break, or husbands waiting on shopping wives. 

The schools are the best. Inside the kids are learning how to save the planet and be responsible for the environment, outside the parents and drivers are sat waiting for them with their engines running for the air con.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

I have an air purifier. What are air sheets? Not heard of those

Several posters in a recent thread stated they use Filtrex filter sheets from Lazada and tape it to the top of their ac units or drape it over the inside filters.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sungod said:

I think you are comparing apples and oranges and actually what actually makes sense.

Wearing an N 95 mask outside for pm 2.5 makes a lot of sense, wearing a surgical mask in an outside environment due to covid makes little. Inside it would be the other way around I'd guess.

Bit of a silly statement by the Deputy Mayor to make though not specifying which masks help, clearly homemade masks and surgical make no impact to pm 2.5 at all.

Good that its being highlighted though, reading the Greenpeace report it seems air pollution is responsible for more deaths that covid.

https://www.greenpeace.org/southeastasia/press/45425/air-pollution-responsible-for-29000-deaths-across-31-thai-provinces-in-2021-greenpeace/

Think your missing the point about sizes and masks and their uselessness against viruses. Size of a virus is 20 nano meters and a micron is 1000 anometers.. Good reply but the minute you mentioned green peace all credibility lost. An organisation now run by non scientists for political gain (the founder left because of this Patrick Albert Moore well worth a listen to about climate change) a bit the same as who.

2 hours ago, BritScot said:

Think your missing the point about sizes and masks and their uselessness against viruses. Size of a virus is 20 nano meters and a micron is 1000 anometers.. Good reply but the minute you mentioned green peace all credibility lost. An organisation now run by non scientists for political gain (the founder left because of this Patrick Albert Moore well worth a listen to about climate change) a bit the same as who.

Greenpeace or not, air pollution is a bigger threat than covid. Thats was the point.

Edited by sungod
  • Thumbs Up 1