Ethiopian man arrested with 2.2kilos of cocaine worth 6.6MB hidden in suitcase at Bangkok airport

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Customs deputy and spokesman Phanthong Loikulanan announced the arrest of an Ethiopian man at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

this ethiopian dude can forget about "injera". bangkok hilton wouldn't serve that dish to its clients!

Edited by Pique Dard
  • Like 1

"Working with the Airport Interdiction Task Force (AITF) the authorities targeted incoming passengers from Ethiopia, a passing through point for drugs from South America."

So was this a 'tip off' or do they target all Ethiopian passengers?

12 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

"Working with the Airport Interdiction Task Force (AITF) the authorities targeted incoming passengers from Ethiopia, a passing through point for drugs from South America."

So was this a 'tip off' or do they target all Ethiopian passengers?

Hard to speculate I guess.

on a side note I had a shipment I delivered to the Bangkok port x-rayed and pulled apart for a drug search. The reason when asked, Thailand to Australia via shipping lanes is a known trafficking corridor. So maybe lucky random search as they’re under heightened suspicion as it’s, as stated a known corridor 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

On closer inspection and then with the use of a screwdriver a secret compartment was prised open to reveal the drugs.

6 hours ago, OttoPollmann said:

Welcome to Bangkwang.

Bangkok Hilton more like.

Makes you wonder how it managed to evade X-ray detection in Ethiopia?

• Haha 1