New Highly Addictive Substance Mixed In Meth Pills: ‘Zero Baht’ Doctor

webfact

image.jpeg

Dr. Somkiat Kijthamachet. Photo: Naewna

by TNR Staff

A DOCTOR who runs a free clinic in Krabi warned today (Feb. 5) that he has come across methamphetamine pills with a new highly-addictive substance mixed in them that leads to immediate addiction, Naewna newspaper said.

Dr. Somkiat Kijthamachet, owner of Dr. Somkiat Clinic in Mueang Krabi whose is fondly called “Doctor Jaiboon, Zero Baht” (Kind-Hearted Doctor, Zero Baht) and who has been giving free treatment to drug addicts for 30 years which is donated as royal charity warned people to not even try this new type of meth pills.

“The problem I recently encountered was that there is a new substance mixed into meth pills. Those who take it get immediately addicted, and if they don’t get anymore of these pills they will start having muscle ache similar to those addicted to heroin who were previously treated,” he said.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/02/05/new-highly-addictive-substance-mixed-in-meth-pills-zero-baht-doctor/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-02-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cncltd1973 said:

German scientists invented it, pre WW2. Standard issue in soldiers' kits, it's what made the Blitzkrieg  so effective

Yes, I have heard that, now that you mention it.

What ever happened to the good old days of hashish and the Hasshashiin (assasin) 0800 years ago?

Blame meth on Hitler I reckon. One truly evil person that surely does have a special place in hell.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, cncltd1973 said:

German scientists invented it, pre WW2. Standard issue in soldiers' kits, it's what made the Blitzkrieg  so effective

Bayer?  The same ones who introduced heroin as a pain reliever and cough suppressant in 1898?  "Better living through chemistry" ...

Actually it may have been this:  A Japanese chemist first synthesized methamphetamine—also called meth, crank, crystal meth or speed—from another stimulant in 1893.  https://www.history.com/topics/crime/history-of-meth

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Bayer?  The same ones who introduced heroin as a pain reliever and cough suppressant in 1898?  "Better living through chemistry" ...

Actually it may have been this:  A Japanese chemist first synthesized methamphetamine—also called meth, crank, crystal meth or speed—from another stimulant in 1893.  https://www.history.com/topics/crime/history-of-meth

Cannot argue. Cocaince used to be in Coca-cola.

Just wonding why meth has become an epidemic over the past couple decades?

Edited by jaywalker

14 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

I didn't know the Japanese discovered it, maybe I confused it for it's first widespread production. German pharmaceuticals marketed it and sold it over the counter, for the average worker and housewife that needs a pep in their step????

3 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

still being used in the Middle East fuelling JIHAD fighters...Captagon - a mix of amphetamines also known as the "poor man's cocaine"

• Thumbs Up 1

Why he doesn't just come out and say there is fentanyl in the local drug supply is beyond me,

It seems its finally coming home to roost in SE Asia. it has certainly caused its fair share of problems in the US and Canada and South Africa

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

is there such a thing as 'instant addiction'? I doubt it.

no there isn't but if im correct and he is referring to fentanyl, then a few times is all you need.

much more addictive than heroin, morphine or oxy. Cheaper and deadlier too,

1 hour ago, wombat said:

still being used in the Middle East fuelling JIHAD fighters...Captagon - a mix of amphetamines also known as the "poor man's cocaine"

When I arrived in Thailand around 96 Captagon was the drug of choice for mongers that wanted to party all night. At that time you could find MDMA and even Ketamine in the dance scene, but cocaine was rare and meth unheard of.  

1 hour ago, proton said:

is there such a thing as 'instant addiction'? I doubt it.

I think it depends on the person themselves.

I recall being offered some speed at @ party in Leeds way back in 1983. Which I took. I remember saying, the next day, that it was so good that I was never going to touch it again, and I haven't.

... excellent substance in certain situations, well if you can get the good stuff that is.

Therefore still in the medical cabinets of pretty much any army, bet on it ...

And Bayer finally got rear-ended by karma anyway when they aquired Monsanto, hehehe ...

• Thumbs Up 1

Advice from a "Doctor" who can only say a "new substance" was added.  <deleted>? maybe send it to a lab and find out what the substance is before claiming anything. 

Cannot believe people claim addiction as it is self-limiting IMO.  If you cannot work, you cannot afford your addiction.  If you are truly addicted, you will likely lose your job - then with no money you cannot feed your addiction.  If you steal to feed your addiction you wind up in jail and can no longer feed your addiction.  All self-limiting.

8 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

... excellent substance in certain situations, well if you can get the good stuff that is.

Therefore still in the medical cabinets of pretty much any army, bet on it ...

And Bayer finally got rear-ended by karma anyway when they aquired Monsanto, hehehe ...

To the tune of $12 Billion or thereabouts.

• Thumbs Up 1