Incoming post from the UK

yang123

Just received two time-sensitive air mail letters (unregistered) from the UK that were posted 4-5 weeks ago.  

Has the UK Post Office been on  strike recently (I've lost track of which public sector workers are/aren't on strike)?

Has anyone else encountered similar delays?

Just received my proof of life form from D W P in the  UK posted on the 8 January, luckily I have now twelve weeks left to return it.  Seems to take a very long while from UK but I have had parcels sent via Australia Post in five days and that is from Queensland.

Royal Mail was hit with a LockBit Ransomware attack on Jan 10th that crippled their international post. They supposedly have some workarounds now, so some stuff is trickling through, but not much. A small package that was sent to me tracked on Jan 11th (after the attack, but before they admitted it had happened), sat in the original post office until 24th Jan, when it made its way to Milton Keynes, and it's been there ever since.

https://www.royalmail.com/international-incident-bulletin

On 2/7/2023 at 1:37 AM, Polar Bear said:

Royal Mail was hit with a LockBit Ransomware attack on Jan 10th that crippled their international post. They supposedly have some workarounds now, so some stuff is trickling through, but not much. A small package that was sent to me tracked on Jan 11th (after the attack, but before they admitted it had happened), sat in the original post office until 24th Jan, when it made its way to Milton Keynes, and it's been there ever since.

https://www.royalmail.com/international-incident-bulletin

I am in the same position as you. Thankfully my post is not time sensitive.

001.jpg.c3e5fe044006e755213010e91e1922bd.jpg

At least my post has company in Milton Keynes then! 

EDIT:

I just checked the tracking again, and it's been received at MK (again) 2 weeks after it was last received there. Hopefully this means they are doing something with the backlog they have there. 

image.png.cbb4d94e499092d416349674d8cbc811.png

Edited by Polar Bear