Flights To Chiang Mai

Thai Airways and Air Asia

Use

www.airasia.com

or

www.nokair.com

They have several flight per day and are a lot cheaper than Thai Air, Bangkok Air or some of the others. You can buy tickets from their ticket counter at Departures at the airport or you can buy your own e-ticket using your Visa card on the Internet. They also have a phone number where you can book. It is on their websites.

Have a nice trip

Arriving July 4th 11:30pm, What airlines fly to Chiang Mai from new airport?

You might have a long wait at the airport. The first domestic flight to Chiang Mai is at 8AM in the morning with Air Asia.

www.flightstats.com

The Thai domestic carriers from Suvarnabhumi don't seem to fly after midnight.

Nok Air fly to Chiang Mai from Don Muang.

Last time I was at Suvarnabhumi, a couple of months ago, Nok Air was still there. They must have moved back to Don Muang since.

Thanks for the information

I walked up to the counter at Thai Airways at Suvanabhum one morning last month, and quickly got a ticket to Chiang Mai for 1,750 baht, leaving three hours later. Nok and Air Asia might be even cheaper.

Yeah, they are doing a promotion, "Explore Thailand Fares", from 11-Jun until 30-Sep.

Arrived at new airport 11:30am Wed,booked flight to Chiang Mai on Air Asia flight leaving 12:50 pm Wed.

Ticket 1557.50 baht,two checked bags 3500 baht could have flown Thai Air first class for less, oh well after 24 hours on planes and in airports glad to be back thanks for your replys!

I'm surprised the Thai AirAsia ticket folks didn't encourage you to try Thai Airways with all that luggage. When I got back to BKK recently from abroad, they specifically told me to check Thai Air instead since otherwise their checked baggage fees would be enormous. Granted I had a 5 hour layover having foregone the earlier AirAsia flight, but it's so easy to trespass at the local hotel pools/spas, provided you don't look like a vagrant backpacker or sketchy (s)expat.

Edited by JoshMyPickle