Wild Boar On the Loose in Pattaya Draws Major Social Media Attention

snoop1130

S__36847634-696x522.jpg

A large wild boar was spotted roaming around Pattaya around 7:30 PM yesterday, February 7th. Sawang Boriboon rescue workers said they were at their wits’ end after discovering that not even five tranquilizer darts could knock out the wild beast.

The dark boar, believed to be a male weighing about 200-300 kg, was walking out and about around Big C Extra in Central Pattaya. Sawang Boriboon rescue workers were called to the scene to remove the boar after it broke some plants of local residents.

However, the boar proved to be a tough cookie as it refused to be knocked out by the five tranquilizer darts fired at it. With a shake of its head and a snort, the boar made its daring escape, leaving the rescuers to scratch their heads.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/02/08/wild-boar-on-the-loose-in-pattaya-draws-major-social-media-attention/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-02-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

doesn't look like a wild boar to me ....  well nothing like the one's I've seen in the Aussie bush anyway.

I'd say they could have poured a bucket of Thai food out on the ground near by and then surround it with fishing net or similar.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having hunted and shot many wild hogs this one looks to be no more than 100 kgs.  They are substantial beasts with thick hides and perhaps the darts do not have sufficient needles to get past the hide.  Tranquilizers should work if injected into the body of the hog where the hide is less thick.  They can create havoc if angry or feel trapped.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, the boar proved to be a tough cookie as it refused to be knocked out by the five tranquilizer darts fired at it. With a shake of its head and a snort, the boar made its daring escape, leaving the rescuers to scratch their heads.

Brenneke slug works every time... 

12 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Escape how? Blend in with the crowd or merge with traffic??

I'm guessing it had two possible ways ; it went out the in doors or in the outdoors.

Sure hope it doesn't have that African Swine Flu.

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1