Sad mum gets a bottle of orange juice instead of a cheap Facebook phone - but cop sees the funny side!

webfact

ปกใส่คำพูด-New-2023-02-08T215813.350-768x433.jpg

Daily News Thai Caption: Well really!

Mum La-ong Seethathon, 31, was on the lookout for a cheap phone on Facebook to act as a help with her three year old daughter's online learning, reported Daily News.

On a page she saw something ideal. A 490 baht Oppo.

Her husband ordered it as they had to act fast - the ad said "last five only". Cash on delivery was decided.

When the package arrived she clearly didn't check the contents before paying up.

Inside was a 390 baht phone charging set and a bottle of orange juice.

La-ong, from Kumphawapi district,  spoke to the media in a sad voice as she reported the matter to the Muang Udon Thani police in NE Thailand.

She said she had been saving up for the phone.

1675833535324.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Pol Lt-Col Jetsada Wonwai took the report.

A colleague at the One Stop Service seemed to see the funny side of the case, however, as he held up the offending item with a grin.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-02-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Love It 1

So many scammers out there...

Just look at how many Rolexes there are on Facebook Market Place, yet on Chrono24 and the official watch sites there are just 3 or 4 in Thailand.....

I’d like to see such obvious scammed dealt with extremely firmly... In this case, these scammers need to be dealt with with such severity they never consider such behaviour again and the message sent out so impactful other potential scammers choose not to.

Sadly, not just Thailand but world wide the penalties for scammers are minor and thats only IF their crimes are considered significant enough to warrant investigation.... 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

She was "Tangoed"

:biggrin: - I would have given you a laugh reaction thingy but we're not allowed to do that anymore

3 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

That's NOT Funny, You Cretin the Woman is Obviously VERY Poor !!

It was funny, and where exactly does it say she was 'VERY Poor', gullible certainly.

22 minutes ago, Stocky said:

:biggrin: - I would have given you a laugh reaction thingy but we're not allowed to do that anymore

It was funny, and where exactly does it say she was 'VERY Poor', gullible certainly.

I was scammed on lazada - ordered an item received something completely different... it took a few weeks for Lazada to force the refund. 

Unlike you, I don’t think it was funny. I do think you are an utter tool if you think scamming anyone is funny though...  particularly if you are laughing at the victims.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Takes a special level of scumbag to rip-off people who clearly don't have a lot of money. Nothing funny about that at all

totally agree .... lowlife scum imo ....    it's lying and decietful for personal financial gain .... they should be in jail.

6 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Try thinking it through, do you think rich or well-off people are gonna go for a basic cheap Oppo phone? 

Try thinking it through, do you think 'VERY poor' people can afford to buy a smart phone, albeit a cheap one, for their 3 year old daughter to play with?

1 minute ago, Stocky said:

Try thinking it through, do you think 'VERY poor' people can afford to buy a smart phone, albeit a cheap one, for their 3 year old daughter to play with?

Try reading the actual article, would help - but here you are laughing at this woman for getting scammed, you must feel good 

20 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Try reading the actual article, would help - but here you are laughing at this woman for getting scammed, you must feel good 

Actually I was amused by @hotchilli reference to the old British TV ad for Tango - an orange soft drink. I find scamming abhorrent, but she and her husband will have learnt a valuable life lesson - "if it's too good to be true, it most probably is".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stocky said:

Actually I was amused by @hotchilli reference to the old British TV ad for Tango - an orange soft drink. I find scamming abhorrent, but she and her husband will have learnt a valuable life lesson - "if it's too good to be true, it most probably is".

tell you what, why don't you tell her that, I am sure she will be pleased 

• Love It 1