Life is getting tough for some

anchadian

National Police Chief Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittiprapas launches 30-baht subsidised meals for police officers on Friday in order to enable them to have access to cheap and quality meals at workplace. Many food courts in Bangkok now charge 50 baht or more for a meal. #Thailand #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1624245918194360322

• Haha 1

Yes, buy them cheap food all day please.  Anything to keep them off the streets and enforcing anything.  Why I live here, never see police anywhere at anytime other than their photo shoot out in front of Soi 9 at 4pm daily. 

OK, I do see the motorcycle checks in a few areas run by police, but since I do not ride a girly scooter or any scooter like many guys here, the check points are not a problem for me.  - OK veering off topic here

Seems all these young and old men here in Pattaya do not realize that motorized scooters were historically designed for women and still are.  

Of course,  to each their own. 

if you cannot walk or pedal or sit in a baht bus, best to take a Bolt then risk your life on a 2-wheeled Scoopy or Vespa or end up paying out money at a police check point IMO

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Yes, buy them cheap food all day please.  Anything to keep them off the streets and enforcing anything.  Why I live here, never see police anywhere at anytime other than their photo shoot out in front of Soi 9 at 4pm daily. 

OK, I do see the motorcycle checks in a few areas run by police, but since I do not ride a girly scooter or any scooter like many guys here, the check points are not a problem for me.  - OK veering off topic here

Seems all these young and old men here in Pattaya do not realize that motorized scooters were historically designed for women and still are.  

Of course,  to each their own. 

if you cannot walk or pedal or sit in a baht bus, best to take a Bolt then risk your life on a 2-wheeled Scoopy or Vespa or end up paying out money at a police check point IMO

Often, I will take my GSXR1000 to the 7/11 for a ham/cheese toasty.

Sure I could jump and the daughters scoot. But I agree real men don't them.

LOL @ using bolt or baht bus... yeah nah.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Very, very creative PR. Make us think some of the cops are having a hard time getting by, instead of buying new sports cars or condos. Nice one. 

If you could ever manage to move away from the generality that all cops are crooks and on the take and drive sports cars, the coin may eventually drop with you that many, the majority, are suffering from the effects of inflation. By providing them with subsidised meals it helps ensure that the combination of low pay and inflation, don't push them towards becomes crooks......are we there yet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eating at the station... Guess this must be desk jockeys. Then again not surprised to find everyone returning to station for lunch together.

Guess I know now best time to rob that bank, drive that truckload of meth into BKK... Lol

I'd think there could be a spiff for police out on patrol. Say, 30b pd stipend. Those that eat at the station can bring their own <deleted> food.

18 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

If you could ever manage to move away from the generality that all cops are crooks and on the take and drive sports cars, the coin may eventually drop with you that many, the majority, are suffering from the effects of inflation. By providing them with subsidised meals it helps ensure that the combination of low pay and inflation, don't push them towards becomes crooks......are we there yet!

No. Frankly, with the way the RTP is at up, I have a very hard time believing that even 30% of the cops in Thailand are honest. They simply cannot make a living doing it with integrity. 

I am a teacher and the canteen is only open when I teach.  After that they close it.  We are not allowed to use grab.  I work full time teaching 18 classes a week plus private students on the weekend and get paid less then a McDonald's worker.

The freak in the school cafe said she can't make a hot coffee.

Can you subsidize my lunch.  Thank you 

• Confused 1