Electrician

Dewey

Hello fellow Bangkokians,

not sure if it is the right forum to post (admin feel free to move my post if I'm not in the correct sub forum) but I'm looking for a competent electrician.

I have electric problems in my condo and I would like to find a professional to come inspect and make a quote to fix it.

I don't mind paying a bit more if I'm sure that the job is done properly (I don't want a handyman who will do a quick fix which might transform into bigger problem later).

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dewey said:

find a professional to come inspect and make a quote to fix it.

[...]

I don't want a handyman who will do a quick fix which might transform into bigger problem later

Sorry I don't have an answer. I have some recent experience with people who are involved in renovations.

It seems proper companies are only interested in big jobs. I.e. if half a hotel should be renovated then they like that. If it's just one condominium or one room, then they are mostly not interested.

Then it seems the only people who are willing to do those small jobs are the handymen who would never get a big job.

And somehow some of those handymen think they can charge just like the big guys - but without the knowledge, the tools, and the service quality.

I was lucky enough to know someone in a hotel who is involved in those big jobs. And that person convinced the (hotel) contractor to work for me. Mostly I am happy with that work. I am sure I wouldn't have been able to hire that contractor by myself.

So maybe look if you know someone who is involved in bigger projects who can help you.

Good luck! You need it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sorry I don't have an answer. I have some recent experience with people who are involved in renovations.

It seems proper companies are only interested in big jobs. I.e. if half a hotel should be renovated then they like that. If it's just one condominium or one room, then they are mostly not interested.

Then it seems the only people who are willing to do those small jobs are the handymen who would never get a big job.

And somehow some of those handymen think they can charge just like the big guys - but without the knowledge, the tools, and the service quality.

I was lucky enough to know someone in a hotel who is involved in those big jobs. And that person convinced the (hotel) contractor to work for me. Mostly I am happy with that work. I am sure I wouldn't have been able to hire that contractor by myself.

So maybe look if you know someone who is involved in bigger projects who can help you.

Good luck! You need it.

Good morning,

yes agreed, companies are only interested with big project and don't even bother to answer.

2 hours ago, malt25 said:

I needed a competent leccy some little time back. Went to the local PEA office. Asked if any of their staff were qualified leccys. Happened a guy in the planning department was available for after hour work. Spoke pretty good english & his work was exceptional. Just a thought for you.

That is actually a great idea, PEA office is just next to my condo, I will as the GF to go and ask.

Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Finding a reliable electrician in Bangkok can sometimes be a bit tricky, but it's great that you're willing to invest in quality work. To ensure you get the job done properly, you might want to consider hiring a certified electrician rather than a handyman. An entry-level position as an electrician helper is often the starting point for those who eventually become certified electricians. They undergo training and gain valuable experience, which is crucial for ensuring the job is done right.You're on the right track by seeking a professional for your condo's electrical problems.

Edited by JusticeShah

18 minutes ago, JusticeShah said:

Finding a reliable electrician in Bangkok can sometimes be a bit tricky, but it's great that you're willing to invest in quality work. To ensure you get the job done properly, you might want to consider hiring a certified electrician rather than a handyman. An entry-level position as an electrician helper is often the starting point for those who eventually become certified electricians. They undergo training and gain valuable experience, which is crucial for ensuring the job is done right. You're on the right track by seeking a professional for your condo's electrical problems.

Not sure to get your point. But anyway, my AC cleaner did the job so I'm no longer in need of an electrician.