Anyone else seen or grow Lime this big ?

CharlieH

11 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

It appears human waste and hazardous chemicals help limes grow to large sizes.

You can get limes this big there is a verity known as Mano Yat มะนาวย์ก  in Thai, we have two bushes in the garden, and they bear fruit this size.

We have had large limes on the normal lime trees in the past, they normally do well with the amount of cow manure that is put on them they should grow well. 

The wife says what do I do with limes this size one of these would keep me going for a few days cooking, I said quite easy make them into marmalade, which we do, and very nice it is to.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would confirm that your picture looks pretty much than a lime and not a lemon so its a big one, but Lazada has some which grows almost guaranteed like this one.

Regarding Lemons I planted 2 Ponderosa Lemons on my farm knowing the skin is too big for the market but for my own baking just what supports laziness if you need a lot of lemon zest. 

In the Guiness book of records a Lemon (and I guess its the Ponderosa Type) stands at 5.265 kg. The fruit's circumference was 74 cm and it was 35 cm high; measured on 8 January 2003.

You are getting there one day ????

• Like 1