Fiber in new condo

tai4de2

New condo, still under construction. There is a single fiber drop into each unit.

It looks like the fiber will be run into a white Litech-branded box, on my wall. I attached photos from a show unit of the wall and of the underside of the Litech box.

Can anyone confirm, or correct me, on the following points? 

1. The Litech box does not contain any equipment; it simply provides a convenient place to coil up the fiber and terminate it neatly so that...
  2. ...AIS, True, or 3BB can conveniently attach their combo ONT/router/WAP device via a short piece of fiber to that Litech box
  3. If I ever want TV service, set-top boxes will connect over ordinary network (Wi-Fi or LAN); there is no coax involved

So, no electricity supply is supplied to the inside of the Litech box, and my provider won't install anything inside it. In fact the Litech box is actually optional because there could possibly be other ways to provide the fiber termination to which AIS/True/3BB's device will be attached.

Correct?

Also: my plan is to put the provider's combo device into bridge mode, shut off its Wi-Fi, and connect my own router and WAPs via one or more LAN ports... like my Unifi system at home in the USA. Doable?

Thanks.

IMG_6566.jpeg

IMG_6565.jpeg

Edited by tai4de2

It seems in many condominiums it's up to you to talk with different providers if they offer anything in that building and what.

And maybe that is also already planned or under construction in your new building.

Maybe call TRUE or others and ask them which service they provide in building xyz. 

• Like 1

I appreciate the replies...

The condo is already going to be roughed-in with the fiber itself. I'm trying to understand what provider-supplied equipment is installed and what connections are made between that equipment and the rough-in, when I do eventually get service installed from AIS, True, or 3BB.

Does anyone live in a condo with one of those Litech boxes like shown in my photos, and can comment on whether my assumptions are correct?

Is that box one of these (or similar)? Unfortunately I can't get inside one to check myself.

https://www.showmecables.com/indoor-fiber-termination-wall-enclosure-plastic-construction-1?identifiers=pla-4577266910970038&Campaign=(ROI) Shopping - No Numbers&CampaignId=361705774&AdGroup=Patch Panels&AdGroupId=1178677387791174&AdId=73667542330608&Network=o&msclkid=b20c2569f6251de625d64687323e21a1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=(ROI) Shopping - No Numbers&utm_term=4577266910970038&utm_content=Patch Panels

Edited by tai4de2