The 'Dumbing Down' starting to show ...

KhunLA

Who needs math & science, when the priority is critical race & gender ID ... ????

Japan had to show the USA how to build cars in the 80s & 90s, now it's China's turn this century.

Biden mandates 'Made in USA' EVs, parts or while & batteries, along with extending incentives/subsidies to those companies.  Except ... apparently most don't have the know how.   Go figure, but I'm sure they'll hire the correct demographic quotas  ????

"Ford To Build $3.5 Billion LFP Battery Plant In Michigan

An integral part of Ford's new LFP battery plans is a new agreement that's in place with Contemporary Amperex Technology Company (CATL), the world's leading battery supplier. CATL will initially provide Ford with LFP cells which will begin to power all standard-range Mustang Mach-Es later this year. The extended-range Mach-Es will continue to use NCM battery packs. 

By next year, the standard-range F-150 Lightning will also come with LFP packs while the extended-range vehicles will continue to use NCM. CATL will continue to supply the Chinese-made LPF cells to Ford until such time that the new facility has the capacity to produce them. CATL has agreed to license its LFP battery technology to Ford and will have employees at the new Ford plant to assist with and oversee production.

Currently, Ford is the number two US automaker with regard to electric vehicle production and the company estimates it will be selling two million EVs annually by 2026. By comparison, Tesla hopes to sell two million vehicles this year,"

Paraphrased from:

https://insideevs.com/news/652304/ford-lfp-battery-plant-michigan/

Thoughts are my opinion and my opinion alone, from reading sites that probably aren't allowed to be linked, as far too free thinking.

Edited by KhunLA

14 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

The dumbing down began in earnest some 70-80 years ago. 

Is it any wonder that those today recognize it as a contemporary revelation. 

Graduated HS in '73' and thought, that was a waste of time.  So much so. last year of, I was rarely there.

Now realize that was an excellent education compared to what's being taught now, and quite grateful now. 

Teachers did it, because they loved teaching, as the pay sucked, before they were unionized.   

Now it's one of the better paying jobs, and many teach, just putting in their time, and could care less.

Hard to blame their moral or lack of drive entirely on them, as the discipline of the students has gone downhill also.  The job seems to have changed from teaching to day care in many districts.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, andy said:

Well the OP did claim the "dumbing down" has started to show.  And his post is firsthand evidence ????

And I doubt the OP even realizes now how illustrative their original thread-starter was.

21 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Linked article: "Ford To Build $3.5 Billion LFP Battery Plant In Michigan"

Conclusion of poster: ".... the priority is critical race & gender ID..."

Yep.