Buying inner tube forks online?

Kawazaki650R

I received the stanchions and they look good. Kawasaki installed then but now they're saying the upper and lower steering stem isn't completely straight. They obviously recommend changing them out but that would cost 8k Baht extra. They also said they could try to fit it even though it's not completely straight but if my bike still feels off I need to come back and have the steering stems changed. Any opinions? 

IMG_20230302_112238.jpg

IMG_20230302_112223.jpg

Have you thought about getting the stanchion straitened, I had a set done in the UK on a BMW, the guy used V blocks and a dial gauge to check the stanchion, he used a fly press the do the straightening, it was only a few mm, but it worked.

I know this is Thailand, but they must be a shop that could do them, a case of asking around, if they can be done, cheaper than buying a new set.

• 1 month later...

New stanchions working great. I'd recommend anyone to buy from Aliexpress. It took only 7 days and quality as good as OEM. I would say my handling issues are 95% improved. I do feel like somethings still a bit off if it's the tree or if it's something else I'm not sure but feels good enough to keep riding. 

Edited by Kawazaki650R
  • Like 2