For Robert (Anson) Heinlein Fans

nglodnig

Brought up in the sixties at a tender age reading his "juveniles" which were brilliant, then Starship Troopers, Farnhams Freehold, the classic Stranger in a Strange Land (of course) and The Moon is a harsh Mistress.

Sadly  after that he started spewing huge indigestible tracts of cr*p but I still doggedly kept reading, right up to the end, like listening to an old friend who has lost his marbles but you still remain poilte.

Two bright points in that period Friday and Job a Comedy of Justice. The rest - meh. Read them once and never re-read them. Solipstic rubbish. I couldn't finish the last one - the cat who walks through walls.

ANYWAY, OK Starship Troopers film had almost no points of reference to the book, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Puppet Masters film (with Donald Sutherland)  I thought was good - present day based instead of the future RAH postulated and worked quite well but was not a success.

Predestination is based on"All you zombies" and I thought did a good job translating the (short) story to a film and got good reviews.

And recently,  I found one of my favourite novels of his, The Door into Summer, was made into a (sub-titled) Japanese film - and seems quite good!

Edited by nglodnig
grammar fixing