Sean Penn says US has to accept ‘level of shame’ for not arming Ukraine faster

onthedarkside

1 hour ago, onthedarkside said:

Sean Penn said the US has to accept “a level of shame” for not helping Ukraine with weapons supplies quicker at the premiere of his documentary about president Voldoymyr Zelenskiy and the war.

Even 2nd rate actors know how to run the world better than their elected government.

Not sure anyone would class him as a 'Hollywood A-lister' though.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Can't agree with you Penn. It's not the first time either. Anyway I prefer peace. Oh and did you for one minute wonder what would happen if the US loses this proxy war? No I didn't think so.

The US nuked Japanese cities to end the last war. I wouldn't want to be around Kyiv now but you are welcome to visit and stay as long as you like.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, 300sd said:

Can't agree with you Penn. It's not the first time either. Anyway I prefer peace. Oh and did you for one minute wonder what would happen if the US loses this proxy war? No I didn't think so.

The US nuked Japanese cities to end the last war. I wouldn't want to be around Kyiv now but you are welcome to visit and stay as long as you like.

All those would be reasonable considerations if the US had started this war.

Here’s your relevant history lesson:

’Peace in our time’.

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Why do actors, musicians etc. always seem to think they have some special insight on political issues that they need to share with the masses?

Be quiet Sean, and lay off the roids.

When they get onto the A list they seem to take heir egos with them.

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Good on Sean for speaking his mind, look forward to the documentary. But I would add, not just the US, but NATO and those countries now helping should all be reflecting on why they did not intervene sooner with effective weapon supplies. We can see they work and help to drive out the occupation by the invaders.

Both Sun Tzu and Miyamoto Musashi teach us that if you strike, you should strike hard and decisively. A 50% attack has little chance of success. Besides it always gets forgotten that this is not only about a regional bout but it is a fight of different ideologies. It strongly reminds me of the effort the allies have taken against Hitler.

I agree with Sean Penn. Fight the agressor back as strong and fast as possible.

• Like 1