UK Tourist Visa for Thai Wife.

Hello.

I've browsed the archives and google and i have found different posts/websites about this but they didn't all have the info I was looking for.

Christmas  i would like to take my Thai Wife on a 2 week Holiday to the UK to meet my family. We have been staying together in Thailand for 4 years now and we have been married for 2 yeats my wife has kids and we own a property but she doesn't work.

My questions is when should I look to start this process? I know it isn't advisable to book flights prior to receiving a visa but are flight details required to get the visa ?

Are the the Visa agent sites correct when they say its very difficult to obtain a visitor visa alone ? (I understand that they want my business so of course they're gonna say that but maybe there is some truth to it ? )

And for anybody who has done this before how difficult and stressful is it ? We have no plans to live in the UK we are just visiting family for 2 weeks and then returning to Thailand.

I agree that @Upnotoverhas just about covered everything.

As he points out the application can be submitted no more than three months before travel, unlike applications for Schengen Visas, the UK does not require evidence of flights, in fact they advise that non refundable flights are not booked until the visa is issued, though I've also done so.

Just include a brief covering letter outlining the details of the aproposed visit and your ties togther in Thailand.