Flip Flops.

Luckydog

Latest thing is strapless,toe-ring less flip flops.

There is an indentation for the soles & heel.

According to UK Sunday Times "Style" magazine,this will provide a perfect all over tan for your feet !

Whatever next ?

:o Wiley Coyote

Hi Neeranam,

Just to answer your questions, based on asking answer from my wife ( She came from Chiang Rai). She said as follow;

'Gerb Keep : เกิบคีบ' mean the sandal that there is the stick between your toe and and your index ( I meant feet). Sorry for my englsih. But I also attached photos for better understanding.

'"Gerb Soup :เกิบสุบ"' mean you can put whole feet in side the sandal with out anything in the middle.

Gerb = เกิบ = เกือก ( Northern/ Isarn Sub language)==> sandal/shoe .

Soup =สุบ ( Northern/ Isarn Sub language)===> wear/ put in.

Keep =คีบ ====> use fingers to complete task. คีบ also used when you eat noodle by chopsticks.

Sorry again for my englsih.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Lakdee

I've been in Thailand for years, and never seen a dog turd, let alone step in one. Babina, as vetinerary you should know the reasons for this?

Does anyone know the difference between 'Gerb Keep' and Gerb Soup'? Types of sandal.

เกิบคีบ เกิบสุบ

I've been asking for the last 5 years and still can't find anyone to answer me with a straight face.

post-18549-1183457263_thumb.jpg

post-18549-1183457283_thumb.jpg

Why do you think there are so many foot massage parlours in Thailand?

Well said Pops. First intelligent answer to my question.

And for info. Fox keeps doing a story about the 'Discovery' of Flip Flops and their new popularity etc

What most folks don't think about is that most (maybe all) of the US national broadcasters are based on the East Coast, and in the north. So lots of the "trends" they report are what they're seeing locally there.

As a native Californian, I can say that I've had flip flops my entire life and that was living far from the beach. Although more on subject, I think they're not good to wear for walking a lot on hard surfaces. Harder on the joints as well as the feet due to the thinner padding and flat tops. But weight has to be a factor as the average Thai weighs a lot less than me.

Bambi,

you wimp! :D

ei ei :o:D

Edit - For those that haven't seen dog poo in Thailand - it's there. Soi dogs do poo, believe me. I can only assume that, as they're free moving they take themselves off to patches of hidden ground, or similar, to poo. They're not restricted by leads, like Western dogs.

(soi)Dog's poo in TH is like "Mine bomb" Although you may not see it, you feel it when you step on :D:D

Good thread. After 20 years of high heels, I first wore only Bt20 flipflops in Thailand. But I did notice my feet starting to spread after several years and also noticed this on Thai folks who wore flippies. I started buying small-heeled slippers then. Comfy and gave more support to my feet (also make your legs look better, 555). Flips are OK for mucking about but I also get backaches if I have to stand in them too long. And not de rigeur for BKK.

And, guys, OK you don't have to paint your toenails but at least trim them every week. It takes two minutes. :o

so true, I guess you never set foot (pun intended :D) in Sydney Australia (aka the flip flop nation), here the epitome of fashion is to wear them at any times (hot, cold, rainy, windy days). The sad part is that they think they are cool 555 lol. I never understood this desire to wear thongs when walking around in the city. Isn't this penchant for thongs (wearing them outside their natural habitat; beaches/swimming pool) an indication of one's personality? Food for thought ....

When growing up it was always said that your feet needed support and a good arch support. I like most believed that garbage. I have since come to the conclusion that your feet were not meant to be squeezed into a tight pair of shoes. Since I have been here in Thailand my foot pains are gone. I wear shoes when I go to immigration. Other than that, VERY seldom. I certainly don't have a foot fetish, but my Thai wife has pretty feet.

When growing up it was always said that your feet needed support and a good arch support. I like most believed that garbage. I have since come to the conclusion that your feet were not meant to be squeezed into a tight pair of shoes. Since I have been here in Thailand my foot pains are gone. I wear shoes when I go to immigration. Other than that, VERY seldom. I certainly don't have a foot fetish, but my Thai wife has pretty feet.

Pretty Feet? Lucky you. Very few have them in LOS and they are almost all FLAT!

I've never heard of a Thai person with a foot fetish. I wonder if there are any? Never understood people with foot fetishes(feet fetishes). I knew one guy who used to go to Nana Plaza and sit at the stage, staring at the dancers' feet .

I've never heard of a Thai person with a foot fetish. I wonder if there are any? Never understood people with foot fetishes(feet fetishes). I knew one guy who used to go to Nana Plaza and sit at the stage, staring at the dancers' feet .

I don't know about a foot fettish - but my wife certainly has a shoe fetish. :D She averages buying about 100 pairs a year & has two whole cupboards full of them. :o

Flip Flops dangerous? I look at my staff's feet & every single person has mangled toes. Quite simply they neglect to wear proper protective shoes when working & all have had accidents ranging from motor bike scrapes to dropping heavy objects on their feet. Even had one person almost sever his toe while disecting a durian. Most injuries would have been substancially lessened by wearing adequate footwear.

Soundman.

Even had one person almost sever his toe while disecting a durian.

Soundman.

The mind boggles. :D:o How? I can imagine someone losing or nearly losing a finger while cutting fruit, but a toe? Very Baldrick-esque (Blackadder - the 3rd, I believe :D )

Girls with better backgrounds have better feet then those who grew up on farms.

Girls who wear cheap, flat flip flops can't normally afford foot massages.

Would your feet grow wider if you were not wearing any shoes at all as opposed to flip flops?

I'm interested in barefoot movement's argument that most doctor recommendations only serve shoe making companies rather than healthy feet. Arches, foot support etc etc make feet weaker and more vulnerable which in turn leads to more sophisticated design.

I personally restrict myself to walking barefoot only when watering plants in the garden, but the soft grass does feel good.

Soundman.

The mind boggles. :D:o How? I can imagine someone losing or nearly losing a finger while cutting fruit, but a toe? Very Baldrick-esque (Blackadder - the 3rd, I believe :D )

Quite easy, they sit crosslegged on the ground holding the durian between their feet & then proceed to start hacking it apart with a two foot long machete. :D

Soundman.

Soundman.

The mind boggles. :D:o How? I can imagine someone losing or nearly losing a finger while cutting fruit, but a toe? Very Baldrick-esque (Blackadder - the 3rd, I believe :bah: )

Quite easy, they sit crosslegged on the ground holding the durian between their feet & then proceed to start hacking it apart with a two foot long machete. :D

Soundman.

Aaah, of course, the sensible way to cut open a durian. :D Now, why didn't I think of that? :bah::D