Unpasteurized Raw Milk

DaRoadrunner

If the op wants some unpasteurized  milk in living in Bangkok the nearest place would be Vehang Dang in Salabuir province, that is a dairy co-op .

or Pattananikom in Lopbuir province near the Passak Dam, about 5 milk centers they, that would be 140km from you, a long way or just a few litas of milk, you would need to get they at about 4pm, when the milk from farms arrives at the milk centers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kickstart said:

If the op wants some unpasteurized  milk in living in Bangkok the nearest place would be Vehang Dang in Salabuir province, that is a dairy co-op .

or Pattananikom in Lopbuir province near the Passak Dam, about 5 milk centers they, that would be 140km from you, a long way or just a few litas of milk, you would need to get they at about 4pm, when the milk from farms arrives at the milk centers.

See if this helps:

https://www.forbangkoklovers.com/en/best/raw-milk-stores-bangkok

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, norfolkandchance said:

Google 'Dairy farms in Bangkok' and go from there.

As far as I know they are no dairy farms in Bangkok, the reason most farms are small with no milk cooling facilities for they milk, so all dairy farms are within about 25 km radius  of a milk center, farmers milk the cows twice a day, and twice a day milk is taken from their farm  to the milk center for cooling and storage, from their it  will go by tanker to factory's about the area or to Bangkok.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kickstart said:

As far as I know they are no dairy farms in Bangkok, the reason most farms are small with no milk cooling facilities for they milk, so all dairy farms are within about 25 km radius  of a milk center, farmers milk the cows twice a day, and twice a day milk is taken from their farm  to the milk center for cooling and storage, from their it  will go by tanker to factory's about the area or to Bangkok.

Or contact the local Department of Agriculture. They should be able be able to tell the OP where the nearest farms are or distribution centres.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Thanks for all the response... This leaves us with the question.... is it safe to drink?

If you want raw milk go to a good supplier. Id suggest choosing grass fed cows as opposed to the industrial type. Good chance they are in better condition health wise than their corn/soy/antibiotic loaded counterparts. Maybe get in touch with Paleo Robbie to see if they can supply it or one of their suppliers. They choose more ethically friendly suppliers, by all accounts.

On 3/10/2023 at 9:19 AM, DaRoadrunner said:

Thanks for all the response... This leaves us with the question.... is it safe to drink?

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+raw+milk+safe+to+drink&oq=Is+raw+milk+save&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i13i512j0i22i30l8.11164j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.rawmilkinstitute.org/updates/two-types-of-raw-milk

In my teens, I once spent a summer on a farm in Italy. Raw milk, directly form a cows udder, was fed to the cats that were kept on the farm to keep the field mice in check. No cat died. For human consumption on the farm, the raw milk was always boiled before being served.

On 3/10/2023 at 1:19 AM, DaRoadrunner said:

I was raised on raw milk as a child.

We milked our own cows and the milk went into stainless steel milk machines and then into the fridge, in rural northern Alberta, Canada

First time I tasted store bought milk I thought it tasted like water

No adverse affects.

I would not seek out or buy raw milk from outside sources as you can never tell their handling of the milk. And most definitely not in Thailand where the cold chain is problematic, among other things

Up to you as they say, but I wouldn't

On 3/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, Startmeup said:

If you want raw milk go to a good supplier. Id suggest choosing grass fed cows as opposed to the industrial type. Good chance they are in better condition health wise than their corn/soy/antibiotic loaded counterparts. Maybe get in touch with Paleo Robbie to see if they can supply it or one of their suppliers. They choose more ethically friendly suppliers, by all accounts.

On 3/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, Startmeup said:

Where to start, first cows are not loaded with antibiotics, all farms are tested for antibiotics in their milk any farm found with antibiotics in the milk will get fined 30-40 times they daily income, basically a month supply of milk, with some farms that would be enough to put them out of business.

Not many grass feed cows especially now in tie dry season no grass, most cows get feed rice straw. A lot will get feed rice straw 365 day a year. 

With the rice straw diet not so many heathy cows about all are shot of energy in the diet leading to poor quality milk, and a major infertility problem.

Most farms use a brought in feed not a good quality feed company's trying to keep the prices of feed down, a lot of the raw ingredients are imported, not cheap, unlike the US of A, home grown, not a lot of corn and soya is used to expensive.

No "industrial "cows in Thailand the average daily milk yield is about 12-14 kg/day a few good farms will do 8-20 kg/day, see above for reason.

Ethically friendly suppliers very few and far between.