Garden peas in Thailand

superal

I am used to eating frozen garden peas that are sweet , soft and tasty but here in Thailand , despite where I buy them from , they are not really a good green colour and when cooked are always on the hard side . I have cooked by simmering in water for various lengths of minutes and also cooked them in butter with a touch of sugar and garlic as per a Google recipe but the results are always disappointing . In the UK it would be either a Birdseye frozen peas or supermarkets own name peas and all gave decent results by simple simmering for say 5 minutes .

I would like to hear if anyone can buy good quality frozen peas in Thailand and the method of cooking . I have seen mushy peas in cans here in Thailand and Macro sell Palley peas that look good on the packet but not when eating . 

Looking at the drop down topic list , I did not see a listing for foods or recipes which I think may be of interest to a few readers . 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Buy frozen that comes from overseas just as good as fresh one and you can find them almost anywhere.

Almost anywhere ? not up here is Issan but I will try Tops as suggested  by phetphet

11 minutes ago, superal said:

Almost anywhere ? not up here is Issan but I will try Tops as suggested  by phetphet

Tops should have them. But if you draw a blank, Cheese 2 Meat You in Udon Thani stock various frozen peas. They ship, frozen, to anywhere in LoS. Might be worth e-mailing them and asking.

https://m.facebook.com/Cheese2MeatYouTH/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

Talley's brand frozen peas are pretty good. Come from NZ and sold inTesco, BigC, Tops, etc.

Simmering for 5 minutes seems a bit long.

I drop them into boiling water, bring back to the boil and simmer 1 minute.

I just eat them frozen like candy

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2023 at 2:18 PM, Madgee said:

As others have said, Talleys Peas are the best you're going to to get in Thailand.

That's not been my experience.  They have been unpleasantly hard and starchy.  Birds Eye here have never disappointed me - both those imported from New Zealand and those imported from Australia.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1