It’s official, Pattaya’s Songkran Day on April 19th, The Biggest and Wettest Party of the Year, Returns

webfact

image.jpeg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand – Pattaya’s biggest and wettest party officially returns for the first time in four years due to Covid-19 pandemic restrictions.

Songkran, which in one form or another will likely last a bit over a week in Pattaya, will culminate as it usually did, before Covid, with Wan Lai, or the “Big Day” on April 19th, 2023. This is, without a doubt, Pattaya’s biggest and wettest party but also polarizing especially to many expats as hundreds of thousands of domestic and foreign tourists convene on Pattaya.

Songkran, the Thai New Year, also known as the water festival, has not been held in full since 2019 due to pandemic restrictions other than traditional and religious activities. While a huge relief to many of our readers who dislike the water and crowds the tourism industry has overall yearned for the return of the festival.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/02/27/its-official-pattayas-songkran-day-on-april-19th-the-biggest-and-wettest-party-of-the-year-returns/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-02-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

This nonsense AGAIN ????????????. It's time to give up Pattaya. This will never be a place where you can live a normal life. Sex, alcohol, parties and noise seem to be the most important things here and it will never change.

Money making events and draws to pull them in seem very important this last year.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

This nonsense AGAIN ????????????. It's time to give up Pattaya. This will never be a place where you can live a normal life. Sex, alcohol, parties and noise seem to be the most important things here and it will never change.

Try East Pattaya.

Some co-existence of normality and excitement lives here.????????

• Like 1

I think it's good Songkran is coming back. A sign of return to normality.

Ok, it has deviated in tourist capital cities and towns from the traditional customs, more into water fight madness and there are critics of this, but nobody really cares. 

Yeah, it can get annoying at times, but it's great to see the local Thais loving the experience and the huge motorcades and parties that will occur.

Instead of cursing and grumbling, I'll be embracing it (in small chunks) and then retreating back home to dry off.  Make sure you've got the double zip lock bags to keep phones dry.  

On 2/28/2023 at 3:42 AM, Pique Dard said:

ask me ! i had a terrible cold, and since that day, if i am in thailand on the songkran day, i stay quietly in my hotel room

If you're in Pattaya at Songkran, you'll need to stay in your room for at least a week if you don't want to get wet.

It's going to be a big one this year, as 15 and 16 (Bangkok Songkran) are the weekend, and 19 is Wednesday, so it will be non-stop from Saturday to Wednesday.

Edited by JensenZ

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

If you're in Pattaya at Songkran, you'll need to stay in your room for at least a week if you don't want to get wet.

It's going to be a big one this year, as 15 and 16 (Bangkok Songkran) are the weekend, and 19 is Wednesday, so it will be non-stop from Saturday to Wednesday.

Songkran is actually 13-16th so I would not be surprised if there is some water being thrown thrown from the 13th, Thursday.