Lawyer Or (us) Tax Advisor ?

I'm considering early retirement (withdrawal of retirement funds) and need some professional advise (will pay for it) from a qualified expert in Thailand who understands US Tax laws and the complications of being a US expat retiring in Thailand.

I've talked with my US based retirement company but they don't know much about overseas expat realities.

Any suggestions? Or PM me here.

Not sure I understand what you think the overseas expat realities in a US tax context are for a retired person. Your are not elgiable for the foreign eanred income exclssuion and you will not be liable for Thai income tax on US sourced income. As far as I can see, you tax issues are pretty much the same as living in the US.

Nevetheless, this guy does the taxes for a number of expats I know all over the world.

TH

Edited by thaihome

Yes you don't understand what my issues are.

Thanks for the suggestion but that guy is in San Diego. I'd prefer to find someone in Bangkok.

Not sure I understand what you think the overseas expat realities in a US tax context are for a retired person. Your are not elgiable for the foreign eanred income exclssuion and you will not be liable for Thai income tax on US sourced income. As far as I can see, you tax issues are pretty much the same as living in the US.

Nevetheless, this guy does the taxes for a number of expats I kow all over the world.

TH

Under the rules here, I can't post my email or URL. However, I can say that I am a CPA living in Thailand and do help expats with their US taxes. PM me and we can see what I might do for you.