How to upload a color copy of my passport for online brokerage application.

khaepmu

I should know how to do this as I had to do it a few years ago but have completely forgotten.  I am applying to open a brokerage/bank account  and they want proof of ID which is a color copy of the first  page of my passport and other proof of address documents. But now sure how to upload them and get them to the company I am applying to. I did this about four years ago. I took photos of the documents on my cell phone and somehow got them onto my computer and was able to send them. My laptop doesn't seem to have a scanner. My guess is that once I get the documents onto my laptop in the proper format I can send  them as an attachment with the application form. I know this is very elementary but since I haven't been working for the last five years my basic computer skills havr seriously faded.  

Take the pictures on your phone and transfer them to your notebook.

Or maybe this happens automatically. Just think about how you can look at your other phone pictures on your computer.

And then maybe you have to attach the pictures to an email.

Or maybe there is an online form with a button like "Click here to upload"

If you still struggle let us know what kind of phone and computer you use.

• Like 1

You can send email from your phone?  Attach photo from phone memory, send to your laptop.

Otherwise you can transfer via bluetooth from phone to laptop.

If you need a clear copy, any copy shop in the nearest soi can scan your passport onto your USB for 10 baht..  That's probably the best option, as you should always have a good electronic copy of your passport available.

Edited by NoDisplayName
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you have Google photos, you can download from there. Same with Google Drive. You can upload to Google Drive from your phone and download from your laptop. Or you can email the picture to yourself, open it on your laptop, and send as attachment.

But if you're applying online there should be an option to upload the photo somewhere.