Transit From Term 3 To Term 1 , No Uk Visa

Hi I originally posted this in the travel section, but no one was forth coming, so now trying in this section,(possibly where I should have tried in the first place).

Just looking for some information folks: We are looking at going to Ireland via UK, due to a deal on flights. What is the situation regarding transitting through from T3 to T1, without a UK Visa, can it be done, and can it be done fairly quickly?

I know this topic was answered here some years ago, I've done a search but cannot find the relevant article. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

On the assumption that your girlfriend is Thai and that she has a visa for Ireland, she should be OK transitting the UK. This is at the UK immigration officer's discretion, but providing she has a confirmed ticket on the first available flight and a valid visa for the Republic, there should be no reason for him not to exercise it. She may not see an Irish immigration officer, but that she has a valid visa will mean that she is deemed to have permission to enter Ireland.

Scouse.

Thanks for the prompt reply Scouser. I did eventually get some info using the search engine in this forum, rather than the travel one, but it was from 2-3 years ago, and there was some mention about needing a transit visa for anyone going to Ireland. Thanks for the update.

Regards

he may not see an Irish immigration officer, but that she has a valid visa will mean that she is deemed to have permission to enter Ireland.

Scouse.

Flying into Dublin - even from the Common Travel Area (as the UK is sometimes called) - she will almost certainly be stopped as you walk through the GNIB checkpoint on the way out from Pier A.

Owen

If your girlfriend were to transit the UK by sea or land, she would require a visa for the UK, but as her transfer is by air, she can qualify for the transit without visa (TWOV).

Scouse.

I may be completly wrong,but dont you need a Shengen transit visa??

• 3 months later...

If her baggage is tagged through to Sweden, she can transit airside, i.e. not pass through immigration. Alternatively, if she must collect her baggage she can be admitted without a visa at the immigration officer's discretion for 24 hours providing she has a confirmed onward ticket and a visa for Sweden.

Scouse.

No transit visa is required and there is no reason to believe that she would not be allowed to transit without visa providing she has a valid visa and ticket for her destination. The worst that will happen is that they detain her and actually board her on to the onward flight but, as said, providing the conditions are met, there is no reason to belive that this would occur.

Scouse.