How much do you fear "THE" Big C?

Posted (edited)

Hi Folks...

I do not mean BIG C.

I mean, the John Wayne type of the Big C.

And, how much do you fear it now?

Personally, I do not fear either Big C or THE Big C.

And, I don't even believe in VITAMIN C, in moderate doses.

a.  Do you believe you will die of The Big C?

b.  If not, what do you expect you will die from?

c. Will you die of loneliness even before The Big C cuts you down?

I will not say that John Wayne is, particularly, one of my heroes.

No.

Because, Elon is so much more a hero-type than Wayne.

I do not fear cancer.

At my age, cancer will progress more slowly, simply because my cells are now quite tired, and not so lively.

John Wayne battled The Big C....

For awhile.

But, did John actually DIE due to Cancer?

John lived a full life.

He lost a lung, or two, or three.

Also, might it be possible that he died...due to...radioactivity, rather than his penchant for smoking?

Just HOW AFRAID are you, ...

Of The Big C?

Regards,

Gamma

Get a CHECKUP....

Check yourself for....The Big C...

It's Great to Be Alive....

Cancer is not much fun....especially when....

It happens to others....

Those you love most.

As always, and loving good guys here on the Forum....

Regards,

Gamma G....

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

How much do you fear "THE" Big C 

Not as much as I fear "THE" Big F. 

Yes, foreigners in Thailand, some of them are frightening. 

Always angry and aggressive, looking for conflict. 

So many Nutjobs here now, I miss the good old days. 

Go away crazy, psycho foreigners. 

Only 2 days ago, I was riding my PCX down a narrow soi, car parked on the road, I got through first but this guy driving his car coming the other way, sped up blasting his horn.

I yell out FOOL and roll my bike backwards, he winds down his window, English guy yelling at me, this is my side, that's your side. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I had my lot already and chose to let the surgeons do their worst and they did. I should have told them to stick their scalpel where the sun don't shine and gone out with a bit of dignity.

If I get it again my solution involves a lot of pills or a trip to Switzerland, but those <deleted> ain't getting me to mess around with again.

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The unknown. I don't believe in hell.

I'd try not to either but, hell or wherever, maybe your journey is only just beginning 👍

4 hours ago, Bungle00 said:

Well I got the big c at 51, 52 now..  it’s not ideal that’s for sure but you got to roll with the punches. I quit my job and am living the best I can for as long as I can.. what more can any of us do 

I had 20 treatments of radiotherapy on my larynx in 2000, which so far has been successful. I will admit though to a slight feeling of trepidation each time I get a sore throat or lose my voice. 

• Like 1

Ummmmm I think I will die of a nuclear winter caused by nuclear explosions around the world. To be honest I'd like to get it over with quicker and die in the explosions themselves....I rather like mushrooms.  

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Well I shall be 76 this year.....how old do I really expect to be? Life is impermanence. My father had prostate cancer but died of a heart attack at 83, my mother had breast cancer but died in a car accident at 89, you dip in the box and pull out a number.

I still wouldn't be wasting time especially with all your illness you have wrote about !

Mind you hypochondriacs like you live to 90 whilst us fit people die young .

I would say  we won't be seeing you on here fast forward 6 years 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I still wouldn't be wasting time especially with all your illness you have wrote about !

Mind you hypochondriacs like you live to 90 whilst us fit people die young .

I would say  we won't be seeing you on here fast forward 6 years 

I don't have an illness, who was your post referring to?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

And, I thought you were talking about a fear of the big c... century (aka making it until you're a hundred)

I will live to 100 ONLY if I am willing to accept what the future has in store for all of us.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, retarius said:

Ummmmm I think I will die of a nuclear winter caused by nuclear explosions around the world. To be honest I'd like to get it over with quicker and die in the explosions themselves....I rather like mushrooms.  

Now we know why you want Putin to win his war in Ukraine so that he can start WW111 and kill you the way you want!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/15/2024 at 4:42 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Not as much as I fear "THE" Big F. 

Yes, foreigners in Thailand, some of them are frightening. 

Always angry and aggressive, looking for conflict. 

So many Nutjobs here now, I miss the good old days. 

Go away crazy, psycho foreigners. 

Only 2 days ago, I was riding my PCX down a narrow soi, car parked on the road, I got through first but this guy driving his car coming the other way, sped up blasting his horn.

I yell out FOOL and roll my bike backwards, he winds down his window, English guy yelling at me, this is my side, that's your side. 

Excellent you managed to get the Brit bash in so quickly, which had f all to do with the topic.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, roo860 said:

You mean you tried to squeeze through a gap past and obstruction on your side of the road, forcing the oncoming vehicle with right of way to be blocked, and then question why someone tries to teach you the correct right of way ???  :whistling:

... He could of course, have stopped as well... 

..... But it does pish some drivers off when they have to stop and give way to motorcyclists taking liberties with right of way.

That said, as you pointed out, some guys are just angry at everything, what you did in forcing your way through on a motorcycle is quite the norm here...  no need for him to get angry.

I wonder if he'd have wound down his window and shouted at a Thai rider.

Anyway - Not related to the Bad C...  which I think is something many of us have concerns about, then when we feel a niggle or pain this may bring more concern.

- I had massive debilitating flank pain a few weeks back, unable to sleep... Ended up in ER the next day.

- Turns out it was an intercostal muscle, but after a kidney stone was ruled out, I feared the worst - I hate being a paranoid hypochondriac when things like that happen.

Sadly - I know a couple of Thai's friends who have passed well too young with Big C.

My father has dodged a Big-C bullet with early screening and had minor treatment to deal  pre-cancerous bump in colon, the early screening no doubt saved him a lot of trouble. 

I'm in my late 40's and have never had a full check - this is something I really should get around to.

37 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Excellent you managed to get the Brit bash in so quickly, which had f all to do with the topic.

Excellent, you managed to get another hostile comment in. 

BTW, my comment had everything to do with The Big F. Are you a Big F? 

Get a hobby, stop annoying us. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

You mean you tried to squeeze through a gap past and obstruction on your side of the road, forcing the oncoming vehicle with right of way to be blocked, and then question why someone tries to teach you the correct right of way ???  :whistling:

... He could of course, have stopped as well... 

..... But it does pish some drivers off when they have to stop and give way to motorcyclists taking liberties with right of way.

That said, as you pointed out, some guys are just angry at everything, what you did in forcing your way through on a motorcycle is quite the norm here...  no need for him to get angry.

I wonder if he'd have wound down his window and shouted at a Thai rider.

Anyway - Not related to the Bad C...  which I think is something many of us have concerns about, then when we feel a niggle or pain this may bring more concern.

- I had massive debilitating flank pain a few weeks back, unable to sleep... Ended up in ER the next day.

- Turns out it was an intercostal muscle, but after a kidney stone was ruled out, I feared the worst - I hate being a paranoid hypochondriac when things like that happen.

Sadly - I know a couple of Thai's friends who have passed well too young with Big C.

My father has dodged a Big-C bullet with early screening and had minor treatment to deal  pre-cancerous bump in colon, the early screening no doubt saved him a lot of trouble. 

I'm in my late 40's and have never had a full check - this is something I really should get around to.

I didn't say that, was said by that annoying muppet SAFETY FIRST.🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, roo860 said:

I didn't say that, was said by that annoying muppet SAFETY FIRST.🙂

Apologies... not sure how that misquoted...    (unable to edit and correct it now).

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1