Ethihad, Qatar & Emirates Service

stament

I've flown Emirates a couple of times and have been very impressed with their in-flight service and entertainment. This time round I can't get an Emirates flight so I wondered what Qatar & Etihad are like in comparison to Emirates.

Do they have the on-demand tv that Emirates have on their flights. I must say I enjoyed this immensely and whilst I didn't get it on both my legs of the flight on Emirates it was far superior to the in-flight entertainment I'd received on BA & Thai.

All comments welcome.

Thanks

I've flown Emirates a couple of times and have been very impressed with their in-flight service and entertainment. This time round I can't get an Emirates flight so I wondered what Qatar & Etihad are like in comparison to Emirates.

Do they have the on-demand tv that Emirates have on their flights. I must say I enjoyed this immensely and whilst I didn't get it on both my legs of the flight on Emirates it was far superior to the in-flight entertainment I'd received on BA & Thai.

All comments welcome.

Thanks

All three are very good. Suppose it's 'cos they have all the money in the World. New Planes every five years etc. I like Etihad best though.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone else have any experiences?

Looking like Qatar now as Etihad seem to be pretty full so much higher cost.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

Qatar is on a par with Etihad, and both much better than Emirates (Dubai experience).

Price difference the deciding factor.

cheers

onzestan

To be honest i have used all 3 for flying to bkk,and they were all good no problems with any, if i had to say it would be exactly as their are priced emriates, ethiad and qatar in that order....it really depends on the quality u are looking for.

How about the body odor that radiates from 80% of the passengers and not even airplane aircon can suck the stink away?

Another joy is at the check in - everybody in front of you has some problem and has to go somewhere to sort it out but not before you have waited for 30 minutes just to see - that another person in front of you has some other problem.

Relax. Watch them pray around.

I flew qatar last month - no complaints at all tbh. new aircraft, decent crew, decent meals, plenty of leg-room, on time etc.

actually.......they didnt stock bourbon in-flight...... :o

other than that, they were fine. :D

im flying etihad for first time in a few months. a mate of mine said he was impressed with them.

I have never understood the enthusiasm for Emirates - there are two

entire blogging pages on the internet devoted to complaints by passengers.

I have never flown Ethihad or Qatar however but I would never fly Emirates

again - I would rather go out my way to be able to fly on the likes

of Singapore, Cathay P. and Eva Airways., - chalk and cheese compared to Emirates :o

of Singapore, Cathay P. and Eva Airways., - chalk and cheese compared to Emirates :o

Totally agree about Emirates, my worst experience ever, compounded by the fact that Dubai

is worse than CDG terminal 1 in my opinion.

But that's just me.

cheers

onzestan

Hi,

I'm looking at flying Etihad from BKK to Europe. When I arrive in Abu Dhabi I have approximately 2 hours wait until the flight from Abu Dhabi departs to my European destination. Does anybody know if I have to check-in in Abu Dhabi for my second flight or do I just hang around in the connecting flights area? Basically, I'm worried that I might miss my connecting flight. Any advice or experiences of Etihad and Abu Dhabi airport would be most welcome please?

Regards,

Hill16

Hi,

I'm looking at flying Etihad from BKK to Europe. When I arrive in Abu Dhabi I have approximately 2 hours wait until the flight from Abu Dhabi departs to my European destination. Does anybody know if I have to check-in in Abu Dhabi for my second flight or do I just hang around in the connecting flights area? Basically, I'm worried that I might miss my connecting flight. Any advice or experiences of Etihad and Abu Dhabi airport would be most welcome please?

Regards,

Hill16

I suspect that when you check in at BKK you will be checked in all the way to your destination in Europe at least that usually is how it works.When i flew with Ethihad from London last year i know i checked in just once.

Myself have been a big opponent to anything in travel that involves the Emirates.

Flew with them a few times to HKG and, I have to eat my words, they were excellent.

Oz/UK/US pilots, brand new planes, good service.

It's the mix of passengers aboard that I did not like.

All comments welcome.

Thanks

:o We always use Qatar when flying back to the Manchester UK the reason why is that the stopover in Doha has never been more than 1.5 hours meaning that the overall journey from bkk to man is between 15 and 17 hours polite crew okay food , fare prices are okay have always found the bkk to Doha 1st leg better however on 2nd leg Doha to man can be choca block due to connecting flights coming from Pakistan

I fly to the Middle East quite a lot from BKK. I usually fly Qatar and it is pretty good, especially in Business Class (if you are flying to the UK, make sure you get a couple of hours in Doha in the Business Class terminal - very, very nice).

I've also flown Etihad a couple of times and liked them. The staff were friendlier, but the quality of food etc a bit lower. Emirates was the worst of the 3, but still better than BA or Thai (though I heard Thai were getting new planes). Gulf Air were awful, but I've only flown them once.

To the UK, I would usually try and fly Singapore airlines if I can get a decent price.

Another one that is surprisingly ok is Sri Lankan airlines, but only fly Business class with them!

SAS have an egalitarian ethos, which means that everyone gets Economy treatment, regardless of whether you pay for Business Class!

cheers,

I was recomended to fly emirates from a friend of mine who's travelled around the world on most airlines.I must say i have never travelled long haul before and my experiance with emirates was second to none. I love there commitment to passenger service and there time keeping. I know sometimes there a little more expensive than there rivals,but i for one will always travel with them. After travelling several times with them i accumulated enough air miles to travel business class from manchester to dubai and onward to bangkok. What a great experiance that was. I cannot compare with the other airlines but in my opinion i wanted for nothing on my flights, business or economy. I'm looking forward to travelling with them again soon. well done emirates.

I was recomended to fly emirates from a friend of mine who's travelled around the world on most airlines.I must say i have never travelled long haul before and my experiance with emirates was second to none. I love there commitment to passenger service and there time keeping. I know sometimes there a little more expensive than there rivals,but i for one will always travel with them. After travelling several times with them i accumulated enough air miles to travel business class from manchester to dubai and onward to bangkok. What a great experiance that was. I cannot compare with the other airlines but in my opinion i wanted for nothing on my flights, business or economy. I'm looking forward to travelling with them again soon. well done emirates.

Pity your post is unreadable.

Pity your post is unreadable.

you seemed to have no problem reading it