Non-Imm O Extension, won't be here

Hi, I have a non-Imm 'O' extension (based on marriage to Thai husband) which expires 14th April. The earliest I can apply for the extension is 45 days beforehand. However, I will depart for the UK on 15th March and return to Thailand 26th April. So even if I apply for it now, in early March, they would normally grant 30 days first, then I have to go back after 30 days to receive the 1 year stamp/extension. However I won't be here for that, I'll be in the UK. What are my options? Does this mean I have to apply for new marriage  visa from the UK? Then apply for an extension of this upon return to Thailand? Thanks

6 minutes ago, mja1906 said:

Does this mean I have to apply for new marriage  visa from the UK? Then apply for an extension of this upon return to Thailand?

Yes it does.

Only variation is to return visa exempt and obtain your non O marriage here in Thailand at immigration and subsequent extension. 

Edit: You can obtain a 60 day extension to visit Thai husband.

The 60 day extension would start from April 14. 

So that would work.

You would need to buy reentry permit. 

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, Bigtimecharlie said:

Take proof of flight itinerary to immigration and they should put you under consideration until 13th May.

Depends on the office(r). At Kalasin they wouldn't even extend my under consideration by two days until I returned.

Went to CM immigration, may I was unlucky with the officer, but she seemed quite certain that they would put under consideration for 30 days only (not any longer). So I'm left with extending for 60days and getting a re-entry permit, then applying for 1 year extension upon return. Or, come back on a tourist visa then change it to marriage, then extend. Either way, more steps more paperwork. ????

I wonder if I had brought my husband along to talk to them, if it would have changed their response !