Customs Duties And Clearance For Animals Chiang Mai Airport

Hello

A friend of mine who lives in Chiang Mai has received some information from an long term resident of Chiang Mai who has brought four dogs into Thailand over the years. He says that since several years ago the strict standard way of doing this as regards Customs duties and clearance for animals and luggage from international points of origin has been applied at Chiang Mai airport, but that Bangkok Airport is still using a degree of flexibility. Has anyone any recent experience of this? :o

Hello

A friend of mine who lives in Chiang Mai has received some information from an long term resident of Chiang Mai who has brought four dogs into Thailand over the years. He says that since several years ago the strict standard way of doing this as regards Customs duties and clearance for animals and luggage from international points of origin has been applied at Chiang Mai airport, but that Bangkok Airport is still using a degree of flexibility. Has anyone any recent experience of this? :o

A friend of mine imported two of her dogs in Januari and another one last month. Beside the nromal paperwork they wanted money, slightly too much as her dogs are all mutts. She refused to pay, making it a bit longer to clear the dogs. I think she finally paid 200 baht per dog and had furthermore no problems.

It might be that you need to pay more 'taxes' as your dog is a GSD. Unless, you put him on ALL the paperwork as a mutt as well.

Patience and smiling are the keywords.

I really don't think you will have any problems, especially not if the friend of your friend is willing to come to the airport when you arrive with your dog.

Nienke