Phone top up question

zlodnick

I have a phone with AIS that I just use as a telephone. I'd like to know what happens if I forget to top it up and it goes beyond it's "valid until date"?

Will it still work, can I just top it up, will I lose any money in there? 

TIA  Z

34 minutes ago, zlodnick said:

I have a phone with AIS that I just use as a telephone. I'd like to know what happens if I forget to top it up and it goes beyond it's "valid until date"?

Will it still work, can I just top it up, will I lose any money in there? 

In general your number will still be OK for about 30 days but you will still lose any money still on the number if the number is completely inactive beyond that time. An AIS shop may be able to recover the money beyond that assuming you actually registered the phone with your ID

However you can add ฿12 at a machine or ฿20 by bank transfer that extends the validity by 30 days.

The maximum validity is 12 months so make 12 X ฿20 transactions and you have a year

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

However you can add ฿12 at a machine or ฿20 by bank transfer that extends the validity by 30 days.

If one happens to come by an AIS service center they also have self service machines to do the 20 Baht topup. And as written you have to do it in multiple 20 Baht steps.