Friends fire twenty two shots at each other at point blank range - both in comas, three injured

webfact

On 3/6/2023 at 9:18 AM, V8M8 said:

Awesome! Chances are there will be two less morons left on earth. Keep up the gene pool depletion program guys.

They're lucky to be in commas and not full stops although one was hit in the semi-colon.....

• Haha 2

On 3/6/2023 at 1:20 PM, KhunLA said:

That should answer why PoPo shouldn't be criticized for shooting criminals (too many time) with 10+ rounds, if issued a 9mm.   Really doesn't have much stopping power.

"Shoot to stop the threat."  Most people that criticise police shootings have no clue about a violent or armed situation.  Many say things like "fire a warning shot" or "just shoot them in the arm", which are both completely ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 10:27 AM, BangkokReady said:

"Shoot to stop the threat."  Most people that criticise police shootings have no clue about a violent or armed situation.  Many say things like "fire a warning shot" or "just shoot them in the arm", which are both completely ridiculous.

Or, I have read that people say shoot the person in the leg.  I am assuming that those people are not aware of the anatomy of the leg, which has the femoral artery and don't know that a person can bleed out and die, before an ambulance can arrive. 

Even if the ambulance arrives in less than 10 minutes the person shot in the leg, severing the femoral artery can still bleed out and die before emergency medical techs can put a tourniquet on the upper thigh to stop the blood loss!

Then, there is the popliteal artery, only a little slower in bleeding to death.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2023 at 9:31 AM, radiochaser said:

Yep, that would be me, a tea totaler.   Alcohol gives you courage, but does not help with your aim. 

When I was a teenager that lived in a rooming house by a bar and upstairs from it, I was allowed to go into the bar and order sandwiches that they sold.   They let me play pool there too.   I saw several fights in there between people that got drunk.   I never saw anyone that was not drunk get into a fight. 

I was also in a branch of the U.S. Military.   I don't recall seeing any fights between people who were not under the influence of alcohol.   I saw people who were angry with someone, begin drinking and later was told they got into a fight with the other person.   

Found this on the www.

Risk Factors

According to one study, the following risk factors may increase the risk of alcohol-related aggression:1

Must be a special branch in the Military if you haven't seen a fight when they weren't drunk. 

On 3/7/2023 at 9:31 AM, radiochaser said:

I was allowed to go into the bar and order sandwiches that they sold.   They let me play pool there too.   I saw several fights in there between people that got drunk.   I never saw anyone that was not drunk get into a fight. 

It was a bar, the sole purpose of which was to sell alcohol for customers to consume, what do you expect, a bar full of sober people?!  By definition, anyone who drinks any amount of alcohol is intoxicated to some degree.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It was a bar, the sole purpose of which was to sell alcohol for customers to consume, what do you expect, a bar full of sober people?!  By definition, anyone who drinks any amount of alcohol is intoxicated to some degree.

I know what the purpose of a bar is.  I am not stupid!  I worked in a bar when I was 19.  I was hired to be a bar back but sold drinks on occasion.   The only reason the bar I referenced sold sandwiches was to keep the customer in the bar, so they could sell more drinks.   Otherwise the customer would leave, get something to eat, not go back to the bar, and the bar lost money!   When I worked in the bar,  I saw a lot of people that drank beer or liquor over a period of several hours but not enough to where they would get belligerent, could not walk straight, fall down when they tried to stand up, slur their words, puke their guts out, pass out,  try to start a fight, or just fight, etc..   But too many do those things!

Not all drinkers of alcoholic beverages are drunks.   Not all drunks fight, but enough of them do that I find it convenient to stay out of bars.   Even when many drunks don't fight, they can become obnoxious in one way or another, my brother in law for example.  Or one the supervisors I had when working for the government.   

As I once posted in another thread.  I would rather hang around with 100 people who smoke marijuana, than hand around with 10 drunks!   

• Thumbs Up 1