Bicycle Trailer for a 23kg dog

hhtown

On 3/6/2023 at 12:45 PM, wildpuppet72 said:

Maybe the dog would be better of running if it's already 23 kg ???? ???? 

Read the question, I'm asking for a suitable trailer , not about exercise, if that's your attempt at humour , it's pathetic 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, hhtown said:

Read the question, I'm asking for a suitable trailer , not about exercise, if that's your attempt at humour , it's pathetic 

I had the same thought, its is quite funny and sensible as well. Its hot out jokes are fun.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thule have a presence in Thailand... 

it may be worth contacting them...   

https://www.thule.com/en-th/bike-trailers/bike-trailers-for-commuting

Something like this... (on facebook marketplace)

Something like this... (on Shopee)

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 12.30.37.png

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 12.34.04.png

I used to build them as well 

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Searched and couldn't find much of any, locally or Thai online vendors.  ebay & others offering.  Questionable or expensive.

Yeah... whenever going slightly ’niche’ its often very difficult to find anything in Thailand... 

Cycling stuff is relative difficult to find anyway (even bicycles is limited for choice etc).

A bike trailer is something I’ve never seen here and definitely ‘colouring outside the lines’... 

Ops best option is to import (lazada or Shopee), that depends on his price limits of course....

This bicycle cargo trailer (photo below) seems like it could be ideal solution for the Op to bring along his dog for his rides...  its 5900 baht (link).

(not expensive / expensive depends on the value the Op places on such an item). 

Alternatively the Op could contact local fabricators etc to construct one... But I’d guess the unfamiliarity with such an item could end up with them making quite a pigs ear out of it... 

image.thumb.png.2a5cd3f5314f820485a50f7d0122be9b.png

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ops best option is to import (lazada or Shopee), that depends on his price limits of course....

I couldn't find much of anything on them.  I've seen being used here, but nothing I'd put a 25kg dog on.

Luckily my dog is a lightweight (12Kg) and fits in the MB basket.  Secure leash to a D-ring, and we're good.  She just sits back & chills.  Sometimes when get back home, I have to tell here to get the hell up, we're done.

I like the cargo trailer, and could put a floor on it, with a tent to provide some shade.

Edited by KhunLA

I know this is not exactly what you were looking for, but I hope you find it interesting, and enjoyable enough to post ride reports afterwards

https://primalpooch.com/urban-mushing-solution-high-energy-dogs

It had me fantasising about racing up the Guthrie Highway on a Sunday hauled by a yelping team of huskies

”But how would I stop them chasing the cyclists?”

”Dinnae worry aboot that - it’s how ye stop them catchin’ the cyclists ye need tae wurry aboot”

2 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

I know this is not exactly what you were looking for, but I hope you find it interesting, and enjoyable enough to post ride reports afterwards

https://primalpooch.com/urban-mushing-solution-high-energy-dogs

It had me fantasising about racing up the Guthrie Highway on a Sunday hauled by a yelping team of huskies

”But how would I stop them chasing the cyclists?”

”Dinnae worry aboot that - it’s how ye stop them catchin’ the cyclists ye need tae wurry aboot”

See if I was pedalling up Guthrie Highway and I came upon a bloke on a roller sled with 6 or 12 yelping huskies?

I’d wait patiently behind him until I could see how much the huskies had in reserve, and how they reacted to the passing motorcyclists; and then I’d follow a bloke who looked less fit than me as he passed, and put the hammer down to get beyond him - the first rule of running away from lions is “I don’t need to run faster than the lion, I need to run faster than you”

Edited by StreetCowboy

On 3/10/2023 at 4:02 PM, hhtown said:

Your life must be pathetic don't have any humor <deleted> feel sorry for you..????????

• Haha 1