Buying from Amazon in the US – Thai Customs

Bubbha

Looking for experience ordering from Amazon in the US for merchandise that exceeds the Thai Customs duty free limit of 1,400 THB.

Does the import fee that Amazon charges when making a purchase cover the Thai Customs fee once the merchandise arrives in Thailand?

Or are you stuck needing to visit Thai Customs to negotiate the duty to get your merchandise?

Thanks for any feedback.

Since made in advance at their/TH's custom rate, I'd say it leaves the officials here with no room to charge extra.

Read a few reviews, stating they got refunds on the custom's charge.  

Edited by KhunLA

I buy at least 2 or 3 items from Amazon US per month. Many in the 3000 baht+ range. Only problem I ever had was trying to buy a 3D printer and some "medical" supplies (plasters) which were confiscated by customs as I don't have a medical import license (and Amazon fully refunded as I was a Prime member, but no longer).

I've never been charged more than the pre-paid Amazon customs fee and more often than not I receive a small refund on that fee a couple of weeks later.

The stuff I have ordered from Amazon has all arrived without issue. They charge their maximum estimate for duty, and you sometimes get a partial refund, occasionally significant. 

My last computer I bought from B & H and had it delivered here. They are cheaper for a lot of stuff, faster, and nicer to deal with.